Been hornswaggled.........

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
the wife has spoken, and made it known :( ........time to start reducing the herds in preparation for a move back overseas :( :( ....she can't take it here anymore...not cut out to be a farm wife in a rural area.....well she gave it her best shot.........suspect it will take at least a year to liquidate everything ;-) .....or more......I hope. :cboy:

Medic24":20rnxece said:
the wife has spoken, and made it known :( ........time to start reducing the herds in preparation for a move back overseas :( :( ....she can't take it here anymore...not cut out to be a farm wife in a rural area.....well she gave it her best shot.........suspect it will take at least a year to liquidate everything ;-) .....or more......I hope. :cboy:

Medic, I'm sorry. Where overseas? Maybe if you make a concerted effort, a couple of years? ;-)

WHAT???!! Oh no, say it isn't so Medic! Please.
I'm very saddened to hear (read) this.

Well, I guess you've gotta do what you need to do. I'm glad she tried. You're a good man to stick with her.
Where will y'all be relocating to?

Katherine

Medic, You goin' too? Or just her? I have a buddy that just did the same thing.Sold every piece of equipment he had. Every cow, and then some.

now if that was my little lady and she gave me that option i would sure miss her :heart: :( ;-) hope she doesnt read this :help:

Medic, I am not even going to type what I am thinking. All I will do is wish ya good luck and say I will miss your mishaps.

I hate to hear it Medic

Cattle are easy to come by, a good woman is a much harder find.

Good luck with what ever you do, and remember gay bulls DO breed.

MD

If it were me, I'd be singing something like this:

Well I love her
But I love the ranch
I spend all day with the cattle
And hell is all I catch
But today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that sale barn today
She'd be packin all her things
And she'd be gone by noon

Chorus:
Well I'm gonna miss her
When I get home
But right now I'm on this tractor
And I'm sittin' in the sun
I'm sure it'll hit me
When I walk through that door tonight
Yeah I'm gonna miss her
Oh, lookie there, I've got another calf....all right!

My ex wife didn't like living on the farm-said she hated the cows in the field, the dog in the yard and even hated the damn roosters crowing. Said she wanted to live in town-I told her to find her a place in town that she liked and I'd be happy to help her relocate. Man, it was probably the best thing I ever did. But unlike the Brad Paisley song-I really didn't miss her. True story.

I spent my youth running around the world and now that I'm settled and housebroke I got a wife that wants to travel...go figure. At least I get a new truck to pull her fifth wheel.
Sorry to hear about your decision....as was said before; a good wife is hard to find...
To far away to be going to your dispersal sale.
DMc

~

Looks like you are headed for another wild adventure Medic.

I sure hope you keep a journal or write a book about all your mishaps and discoveries.
Your wonderful stories have certainly cheered me up after a tough day at the "office."

Will you be having a complete dispersal sale ?

What species and how many head of each will you be selling ?

Give us a list and perhaps we can keep your gene pool going in your absense.

If you have any cows that are really good swimmers, I would like to put a deposit on them now.

We are under water here, bridges, roads and houses have been swept away or collapsed. Last night 1200 folks were re-evacuated from the nearby area. I just got home from spending the night at Red Cross headquarters trying to assist those people that had animals.

Cattle with superior water skills would do well here.

Sorry
(boo hoo)
There was 14 posts ahead of mine. Couln't quit crying. Good luck man. Gods speed.

Scotty

Oh no, I hope he didn't plant the Kudzu on his place. I can see why he would be moving out of the country now. Just wait till the new owners find out he planted it just before he took off. For a small fee, I can keep my mouth shut about where he has moved to.

If my wife gave me that choice I would say see ya later.My first wife did that we moved 3 times she moved 4.

Latest posts