Beefmaster semen

Help Support CattleToday:

because theres a heavy demand for beefmasters.an the bulls owners set the semen price.most beefmasters are priced at $75 to $150 a unit for semen.unless you can buy it at a beefmaster approved sale.

ABS used to carry a couple of Beefmaster bulls, never looked at the price.

Beefmaster semen can be had at prices less than those previously mentioned. The Lasater Ranch has sold semen in the recent past (not sure of the prices now) for $30/straw.

There are also some foundation breeders who sell semen in the $20-$50 price range. One of the better bulls in the breed right now, Lasater 1526, has been collected by Gary Frenzel. Frenzel and the Lasater Ranch are also offering semen on one of the best sons (phenotypically) 1526 has produced, Lasater 4248. I can't speak on 4248's production so far. If put into service as a yearling, he should have some sons and daughters selling and entering production this fall.

To me, it seems that the semen that's priced very high is collected from bulls who the owners believe "could" be the next "best thing." I think the show ring helps run some of the semen prices up.

EC

yes ECyou buy alot of the top bulls semen cheap.if you go to the beefmaster sales.ive been going to 2 sales a year.an if i AI bred my cows.i could fill 2 tanks a year with the best beefmaster bulls worth the money.my bulls grandsire is painted tiger.an they want a $1000 a straw for his semen.

Latest posts