Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

ArrowHBrand

Reaction score
My two year old son and I went down to the locker on Saturday and picked up 500 lbs. of a heifer we took in ten days previous. There's no better sight than a freezer brim full of homegrown grass fed beef. I grilled some T-bones Saturday and rib-eyes on Sunday and they were buttery tender and like my fingers tasty. The dogs seemed to enjoy the T-bones too. With today's meat prices in the store we are saving $30-$40 a week at the store, plus we know where are meat came from. We have a pig in with a several other family members' that is going to be going in on the 27th. We were warned that grass fed beef wasn't going to be good as grain fed beef, but I think it's better. Atleast with this calf anyway.

I've had really good luck selling our beef in my little store. I charge similar to market price but we still make money. People appreciate knowing where their food comes from, and they come back for more. We are going to keep our PB herf steers to sell now instead of selling them at the barn.

Latest posts