Beat this...

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2ycq1hcl said:
OK
Jul_18_2008_Death_Valley_CA_136.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo":3vf33b1v said:
hurleyjd":3vf33b1v said:
Official temperature stations have the thermometer in the shade and 5.5 feet above the ground.

Most of us work out in the real world not hovering 5.5 off the ground in the shade at an official temperature station.

I doubt that you have broke a sweat all summer.

hurleyjd":28g91tka said:
TennesseeTuxedo":28g91tka said:
hurleyjd":28g91tka said:
Official temperature stations have the thermometer in the shade and 5.5 feet above the ground.

Most of us work out in the real world not hovering 5.5 off the ground in the shade at an official temperature station.

I doubt that you have broke a sweat all summer.

Wrong yet again Chief.

I must admit. I've got a guilty conscience. This was in 2016. And before I got to going down the road good. Actually was only 104 that day.

greybeard":38c3xy4i said:

I check mine by the bank sign. Never varies more than 2 degrees either way. But then again, the bank sign may be shotty as well. One thing for sure.... IMO anything over 80 is hot. After 90 it's all miserable.

JMJ Farms":2nssgxqx said:
greybeard":2nssgxqx said:

I check mine by the bank sign. Never varies more than 2 degrees either way. But then again, the bank sign may be shotty as well. One thing for sure.... IMO anything over 80 is hot. After 90 it's all miserable.
That fancy, schmancy component is a thermistor. A therma-what? A thermistor is another way to say a temperature sensor. They are highly accurate sensors that produce electricity based on ambient temperature. You may be thinking, "Whew! I knew my car thermometer was accurate." Well, the big problem with car thermometers, bank thermometers and billboard thermometers is that the environment surrounding the temperature sensor affects the temperature reading. This is where we get the problem with our car thermometer reporting really hot temps

greybeard":1v3maxu5 said:
JMJ Farms":1v3maxu5 said:
greybeard":1v3maxu5 said:

That fancy, schmancy component is a thermistor. A therma-what? A thermistor is another way to say a temperature sensor. They are highly accurate sensors that produce electricity based on ambient temperature. You may be thinking, "Whew! I knew my car thermometer was accurate." Well, the big problem with car thermometers, bank thermometers and billboard thermometers is that the environment surrounding the temperature sensor affects the temperature reading. This is where we get the problem with our car thermometer reporting really hot temps

I'm sure you where good and cool today. But take my word for it. It was hot, and I Know hot. And not from what I see on TV.
And I wasn't sitting still either.

callmefence":2ez00l0i said:
I'm sure you where good and cool today. But take my word for it. It was hot, and I Know hot. And not from what I see on TV.

Didn't have the luxury of being cool today. We started on a metal roof this morning but were done by 11. Spent the afternoon setting LVL beams. But we are getting a little break from last week. Only been around 92 the last few days so that's better than what it was by far. I've only spent a couple weeks of my life in Texas so it's hard for me to compare but while hot is hot no matter where you are, the high humidity we have so often in the southeast is what makes it so miserable here. If it were to get 114 here with 80% humidity I wouldn't be able to breathe.

You can have the heat, I love being outside spring, summer, and fall, you can always put more clothes on, never can take enough off.

JMJ Farms":3bnjf9x4 said:
callmefence":3bnjf9x4 said:

Didn't have the luxury of being cool today.
I think Fence was addressing me.

I'm not saying it wasn't hot, or even 112F today where he was, but am saying those vehicle indicators have a history of being notoriously inaccurate.

PWS (Personal Weather Stations) are also known to inaccurate and that too is usually because of placement. It's why there is so much difference in what NWS and entities like WeatherUnderground reports. All of WeatherUnderground uses PWS inputs from people with home weather stations in their backyard.

What is the official record high temp for Florence Texas?

I know what the 20 yr old thermometer on the outside west facing post of my porch said..102 at around 5pm.
Too hot to fish.

TennesseeTuxedo":1hspz4gj said:
hurleyjd":1hspz4gj said:

Work, when did you start working outside, 70 ain't hot inside. :hide:

kenny thomas":1i55zvyl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1i55zvyl said:
hurleyjd":1i55zvyl said:

Work, when did you start working outside, 70 ain't hot inside. :hide:

70 means the unit needs more coolant.

Latest posts