Beat this...

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We have all done stupid things and are still doing them. Sometimes it's because we are rattled, preoccupied or just not thinking...

Today I was in town, had the aircon on in the truck as it is as hot as H here so obviously had the windows closed. Had to reverse into a tiny little parking which usually would not have been a problem but there was a huge security truck parked in the wrong spot obscuring the traffic. I decided I needed a better look at the car next to me so attempted to put my head out of the window...crash, hit my forehead a good shot on the window :lol: :lol: No, it was not funny, bloody sore and humiliating :dunce:

Can anyone beat my :dunce: stunt? If not just have a good laugh at my expense :D

I post in this forum thinking posters would get a laugh out of it, but instead I get unasked for suggestions and then insults against my husband and I... Beat that one....lol

Wouldn't take it too seriously cowgirl8, just laugh it off ;-) . You may not have asked for suggestions but what I saw in that thread was kind people seeing you in a fix and offering help ;-)

That's a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn't break and cut you. Be careful out there.

alisonb":vpx54hz7 said:
We have all done stupid things and are still doing them. Sometimes it's because we are rattled, preoccupied or just not thinking...

Today I was in town, had the aircon on in the truck as it is as hot as H here so obviously had the windows closed. Had to reverse into a tiny little parking which usually would not have been a problem but there was a huge security truck parked in the wrong spot obscuring the traffic. I decided I needed a better look at the car next to me so attempted to put my head out of the window...crash, hit my forehead a good shot on the window :lol: :lol: No, it was not funny, bloody sore and humiliating :dunce:

Can anyone beat my :dunce: stunt? If not just have a good laugh at my expense :D

My wife caught the kitchen sink on fire several years ago. That is pretty hard to beat.

I went to Nebraska a few months back to pick up a heifer. We stopped in a rest area in Oklahoma and as I was returning to the truck I looked down to check the hitch. Apparently, I got distracted and didn't slip the collar over to lock it. That one sent shivers down my spine.

We have a double car detached garage. "Someone" in the family went out of the house, hit the garage door button for the first door. Got in the vehicle furthest away, backed up....right through the door.

wacocowboy":vnvsf5t5 said:
That's a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn't break and cut you. Be careful out there.
I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

D2Cat":125lq16e said:
We have a double car detached garage. "Someone" in the family went out of the house, hit the garage door button for the first door. Got in the vehicle furthest away, backed up....right through the door.

Mrs turned a Ford Fairlane station wagon completely around in a two car garage because here side garage door wouldn't open. Car started out pointing South she turned it around heading north and drove out my door. You know that power steering pump had to be screaming. I would have never attempted the feat myself and have no clue how she didn't get it stuck wedged in someway.
I bet I lost half the tread life off the front tires along with my butt because her side wouldn't work.

Loaded up a full trailer load of cows at the summer pasture. Slammed the door shut and got busy with something else. Got home and went to open the door. I had hauled a full trailer load of big cows with the door just held shut by the slam latch.

TexasBred":12oyafxh said:
wacocowboy":12oyafxh said:
I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

Shouldn't litter :hide:

slick4591":2y0zia8p said:
I went to Nebraska a few months back to pick up a heifer. We stopped in a rest area in Oklahoma and as I was returning to the truck I looked down to check the hitch. Apparently, I got distracted and didn't slip the collar over to lock it. That one sent shivers down my spine.
I know that feeling as well!!

Got over a little too far onto a soft shoulder to avoid a truck coming at me head on. Can't believe I didn't roll. Had about 20 tons of drilling mud on.

I always hauled 8 cows on my stock trailer. I got eight together in the pen and ran them in the trailer and it was only half full. I was scratching my head trying to figure out where the extra room came from when I figured out I had left the escape door in the front open and half of the load had ran in the back door and straight out the front.

wacocowboy":2rzmjmfb said:
TexasBred":2rzmjmfb said:
wacocowboy":2rzmjmfb said:

Shouldn't litter :hide:

I was thinking he needs to drink his beer faster!

Latest posts