baling soybeans

Help Support CattleToday:

KHereford

Reaction score
I have never baled soybeans but am thinking about it this year. Is there anything different from making grass hay besides dry time that I should know about? I dont grow crops so I am thinking of asking the farmers around me if they have gave up on there beans yet, most have chopped there corn and the beans are still short.

For insurance purposes, they may not let them be cut. You will never know till you ask though.

Bigfoot":25lngfd7 said:
For insurance purposes, they may not let them be cut. You will never know till you ask though.

You are correct atleast my insurance agent told me I cant cut the 319 acres of corn I planted that burnt up. I have to wait on cutting it they said they want me to give it a chance which is BS.. but when i can cut my corn I plan on cutting with sileage blower. My primary farming is crop farming and then I do cattle as a hobby. The beans around here are small too but most agents will not let you cut them before the crops would be ready to harvest so you can actually show a loss... as long as the plants are still standing they want to give them a chance.

Latest posts