Bale spear

Help Support CattleToday:

Rookie

Reaction score
Is there a hydraulic unit which can be bought which will power a spear attached to the back of a pick up truck? If so where might one be aquired and what do they cost?

george

Rookie":3u35jahp said:
Is there a hydraulic unit which can be bought which will power a spear attached to the back of a pick up truck? If so where might one be aquired and what do they cost?

george

We attached a winch to the 5th wheel in the bed and toarched out the ears on a extra set of spears. Works great but can only haul one bale at a time.
There is a place in Kansas that make truck beds that will haul more than one bale and load and unroll it too. The name of the place escapes me right now though.

Thanks , cert. I already have a rig set up on an old truck. Been using comealongs to lift with. I was hoping to automate a little to keep from havin to get in and out of the truck twice for each bale moved. That gets old after just a few times ;)

george

Rookie":1xwv8nid said:
I was hoping to automate a little to keep from havin to get in and out of the truck twice for each bale moved. That gets old after just a few times ;)

george

We have ours on an old '79 Ford. The battery runs the winch and we just run the control buttons thu the sliding window. Works good, I'll see if I can find some pictures, If you are interested in seeing them.

As soon as I hit the submit button I realized you were talkin electric, not hand cranked. How embarassing! :oops: Yes, I'd like to see any pics you can post or email to me. Thanks a bunch.

Latest posts