Baldridge Isabel Y69 Sons

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Which son of Baldridge Isabel Y69 do you have experience with and like or dislike? It would be helpful if you have calves out of these bulls or have seen calves yourself. Thanks in advance. I really like the looks of Challenger.

I know a farm that used both Bronc and Compass. They said the Bronc's were nice, but Compass appeared to pass on his dams phenotype far better. Never got around to seeing his cattle, but I believe him.

I like 38 special. IMO he's one of the better Baldridge bulls that doesn't get mentioned as much.

Statefan62 said:
I like 38 special. IMO he's one of the better Baldridge bulls that doesn't get mentioned as much.

I agree, Colonels are nice
Too bad Thor won't be producing this year.

Compass females I seen at poss's are pretty dang nice. The ones I have are just babies.

Lcbulls. I just got the call about Thor. I was looking forward to using him. I will have to find another heifer Bull now

LCBulls said:
Statefan62 said:

At all this spring? I had spoken with Lowery after seeing him at the stud. I knew he was having issues but thought I'd potentially still get in on it. My hubby was sold on him the minute he saw him in person.

Hogtiming said:
Compass females I seen at poss's are pretty dang nice. The ones I have are just babies.

We just visited Poss' the other evening to pick up some semen for our commercials. We picked up some more Hoover Dam 2509 from him cuz they're our favorite out of what we got from him last year. But a new one he has is Mogck Amplify, Sydgen Exceed son (calving ease) that he purchased. We got a few of him to try. Had plenty of Compass left so we didn't get any more of that. As calves, we like the HD 2509 better but Poss has some great looking girls out of Compass like you mentioned.

NEFarmwife said:
Hogtiming said:

We just visited Poss' the other evening to pick up some semen for our commercials. We picked up some more Hoover Dam 2509 from him cuz they're our favorite out of what we got from him last year. But a new one he has is Mogck Amplify, Sydgen Exceed son (calving ease) that he purchased. We got a few of him to try. Had plenty of Compass left so we didn't get any more of that. As calves, we like the HD 2509 better but Poss has some great looking girls out of Compass like you mentioned.

Did you get any maverick semen??

You will wear a vehicle out before you will find a better family in my opinion

Hogtiming said:
NEFarmwife said:
Hogtiming said:

Yes we sure did. They're pretty excited about him.

And you're absolutely right. I'd buy from them all day long!

NEFarmwife said:
Hogtiming said:
NEFarmwife said:

Maverick looks pretty nice. I thought you weren't a fan of 1682's?
Have you seen any Achievement calves from them, just curious how they look?

LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:
Hogtiming said:

Maverick looks pretty nice. I thought you weren't a fan of 1682's?
Have you seen any Achievement calves from them, just curious how they look?
He does and you are right... I am NOT. That's why I said "they're pretty excited" lol. Alas, I am not the only one who makes decisions and I got overruled.

He looks impressive. I just haven't been a fan of any of them. Sons or grandsons. He's hot here though. Husband wants to flush our Poss donor to her because she's petite and needs frame. Even though her calves are gorgeous.

I can't recall seeing any Acheievement and not sure why we didn't get any. I don't even recall any being on his sale but I know Lasting Impact has done a lot of wonderful things in his herd.

how Did his calves out of teddy look? I saw in his catalog he sold several and they brought well

Hogtiming said:
how Did his calves out of teddy look? I saw in his catalog he sold several and they brought well

Texdy's Are everything you'd expect from a Resource son and IMO, one of the better out there. They sold very well and we actually had him on our semen list.

We brought back Mogck Amplify, Poss Irresistible, EB Teddy, Poss Maverick, and Poss Hoover Dam 2509. Already had Baldridge Compass, Total Impact, Revolution and Element (we bred Montana heifers last year to these two). Almost certain I have a couple more bulls from that operation but my head is exhausted.

Speaking of bulls, the last 3 we've purchased have been from Poss. We feel they feed them like we feed ours and they come off pasture looking like they're ready for a hot date. And the donor we bought from them last year is a real queen. Wish they all held condition like she does.

We ended up staying pretty late. Always feels like chatting with old friends. Good folks.

LCBulls said:
Statefan62 said:

Top is a 38 special bull and the bottom is a 38 special heifer . Have had 3 38 special calves which isn't a large sample but all of them in the 70-80lb range. I have docile cows but these calves are super docile and seem tame when they come out and they grow
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1cbqnxztm/

Baldridge Isabel Y69 (17149410) is one of the most consistent producers in the Baldridge :?: :?: .. :idea:

I have some Colonel daughters and like them very much.

You won't go wrong with him.
Hey we have a son of him and may use him as one of our cleanups. How's the fertility of those daughters you have? Seems like Colonel's #'s tanked as data was turned in so makes me a little skeptical... Thoughts? I know this little guy is a looker but don't want to breed late blooming heifers into the herd either... Thoughts?

Latest posts