Baldie Brangus Growth Characteristics

Help Support CattleToday:

tdsteven

Reaction score
Are there obvious differences in frame characteristics and abilities to increase body scores between a Black Baldie and a Baldie Brangus.

I have 5 heifers 8 months old. Two seem to me to be Black Baldies due to dispostion, head shape and frame size. The other 3 are much taller, smaller heads and thin as a rail when viewed from the front but would probably still score a 4. The first two probably a 6. All are in the same pasture.

tdsteven":2loyzo73 said:
Are there obvious differences in frame characteristics and abilities to increase body scores between a Black Baldie and a Baldie Brangus.

I have 5 heifers 8 months old. Two seem to me to be Black Baldies due to dispostion, head shape and frame size. The other 3 are much taller, smaller heads and thin as a rail when viewed from the front but would probably still score a 4. The first two probably a 6. All are in the same pasture.
What kind of information do you have as to their ancestory? If you cazn get enough info so that you know that you know exactly what they are, you have a better chance to anticipate what they will produce with Sires that you do have information about. (EPD's, Frame size etc).

cowspider":20fu1ozi said:
Brangus don't usually have small heads, and are not skinny. sounds like if there is more bramha or longhorn in there somewhere.
Brangus I see have small heads..later maturing cattle(brahmas) should be framier compared to the strait brits.

I think we should assume that the guy knows what kind of cattle he has and not suggest that theyre "bramhas or longhorns" instead. Do you really think that if they were a BrahmaXHereford or a LonghornXHereford instead of a BrangusXHereford that they would all have the same phenotypical expression of a Brangus baldy??? I think not

where you at tapeworm? i have never seen brangus with a small head. they are usually taller & framier with more growth rate than angus