Bahia grass question?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bahia is the special on the menu in Florida. Toughest stuff I've ever seen. Resists drought, cold, wet and most disease. Won't die out if overgrazed, but weeds may be more likely to introduce themselves. If kept healthy, may actually choke out weeds. Nutritional value not very high and very few people bale it. On the other hand, my cattle do fine on it with nothing more than a mineral box. I never feed or hay, except in the maternity ward when it's overloaded in Winter. During cool seasons, cut or graze the grass low and overseed with ryegrass or clovers if PH is acceptable. Bahia goes dormant and tonnage decreases significantly. During peak growing season I graze 1 head/acre without any signs of overgrazing. Could possibly go higher. In fact it's hard to keep the rotational system in place with the mob of grass. Cows just can't eat it fast enough. Mow or graze to maintain reasonable height during this season.

what kind is it? pensacola? have you tried any tift 9 and if so what did you think?