Bad News

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy-

Reaction score
I got the results back on my filly that has the stifle joint cysts and it is not good. I had three opinions given and all say "no hope of fixing her". I am at the end of my rope now. I have one more well known surgeon looking at the x-rays.

I guess I will start looking for someone who might want a yard ornament or pet. If not I guess it is off to the auction for her in the near future. :(

Sorry to hear the news Flaboy, good luck in whatever direction you decide to go.

Alan

Sorry to hear the news. Hope you can find something to do with her in the near future.

Jay

Oh and check your PM

Thanks for the kind words folks. I will let you know what the last surgeon says when I hear something. :(

Finally got the word from my last chance surgeon. He said it is as bad as he has seen in one so young. He gave me three choices. Put her on the table, scope the joint, if it as bad as the x-rays say just put her down right then.

Second choice is scope her and do a direct injection of steroid in the cyst and see if it destroys it.

Third choice is to remove it surgically and see what happens. He said some times when they get in there the cysts are not as bad as the x-ray shows.

Having thought about this for a couple days I think I will donate her to the university for study. Maybe some of the young vets will be able to learn something from her to help other horses later.

Basically, the chances of her ever being a working horse is slim.

flaboy-":qprnorwc said:
Finally got the word from my last chance surgeon. He said it is as bad as he has seen in one so young. He gave me three choices. Put her on the table, scope the joint, if it as bad as the x-rays say just put her down right then.

Second choice is scope her and do a direct injection of steroid in the cyst and see if it destroys it.

Third choice is to remove it surgically and see what happens. He said some times when they get in there the cysts are not as bad as the x-ray shows.

Having thought about this for a couple days I think I will donate her to the university for study. Maybe some of the young vets will be able to learn something from her to help other horses later.

Basically, the chances of her ever being a working horse is slim.

so sorry to hear your bad news :( as I said before it is hard to hear this sort of news. :heart:

I'm sorry for your bad new Flaboy, but I think would did what was best for the fillie and the young Vets.

Take care,
Alan

Flaboy,

I think that donating her to a vet school is a great, unselfish idea. It may not help her, but it may help future horses.

Free drinks for you for having the guts to make the tough decision!

I'm sorry, flaboy, I was hoping maybe the last vet would have better news. I think your idea is an excellent one! It might not help this filly, but it might be just the thing to help many others down the road. :)

Latest posts