backhoeboogie

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you everyone. Had dinner with the 5 grandbabies and it was great. Up in the huge city of Brock, TX :D They sang happy birthday to me. Eldest daughter baked me a cake. Relaxing and enjoyable. May get a touch of rain or snow tonight. Rain in the 10 day forecast for 5 days with 60 percent chance one of the days. It is all good.

backhoeboogie":61sccixo said:
I am out west of Fort Worth. Darci at the Tiger's Corner in Glen Rose baked this one.

Haven't thought of Raos in years. There is a Raos Bakery in Beaumont that I have been to a few times. Don't live there but have a lot of family there. Was born in Port Arthur. My Paternal grandaddy was from Orangefield. His wife was from Meridian, TX and I am close to her roots now.
I was born in port Arthur too!! Lots of family there. We live in Winnie/hamshire area. Raos has an awesome German chocolate cake. We have tried a different one for every birthday. So good!

backhoeboogie":phw7c8n1 said:
I am out west of Fort Worth. Darci at the Tiger's Corner in Glen Rose baked this one.

Happy birthday, neighbor. I taught in Glen Rose about 25 years ago until I moved home to Erath county.

Grandpa":gl28vvrp said:
backhoeboogie":gl28vvrp said:

Happy birthday, neighbor. I taught in Glen Rose about 25 years ago until I moved home to Erath county.

I graduated 35 years ago. You may have taught my lil bro. Know lots of folks there. Mom and Dad have both passed on so I don't hang out there quite as much. Cows are on the Hood/Somervel line. It splits the farm. I'm north of there. Work at Comanche peak.

Could be. I was the band director there from 86-88, followed a living legend, actually the first director to ever have a good band there. He recruited me to the job then didn't tell the kids he was leaving, so I was pretty unpopular for a while until we had some successes. Built the first house in a new subdivision on the river and loved living there. Taught my last 18 years in Stephenville, my home town. Still have some good friends in Glen Rose, and maybe some enemies too. :cboy:

I can't believe I missed this. Happy Birthday and happy new year. I hope 2013 is the best you've ever had!!!

Larry

Latest posts