Awards

Help Support CattleToday:

JohnnaIvey

Reaction score
Just taking a quick poll........ have any of you seen any really nice awards that are "different" recently at any of the shows? I've seen some nice blankets and acrylic trophies lately.... I'm wondering what other new awards are out there this show season. I've got some backpacks, chairs, blankets, buckles, and travel bags ordered...... but I'm just looking for something that could be the next "trend". Thanks!

Has anyone ever gotten a new halter with an engraved gold plate as an award? Maybe for a Showmanship Award?
I've seen horse halters with nice engraved gold plates, so why not put that on a cow halter?
Just an idea.
I'm open for your thoughts!
Thanks.

UncleLA":3dkcek80 said:
Has anyone ever gotten a new halter with an engraved gold plate as an award? Maybe for a Showmanship Award?
I've seen horse halters with nice engraved gold plates, so why not put that on a cow halter?
Just an idea.
I'm open for your thoughts!
Thanks.

The various halters are good awards. However, I am not a fan of the gold plates. Usually dont show the calves more than a year or two, and then you would be putting on a halter for an award that the new animal would not have won.

As for another award, I like jackets. Especially the pullover windbreaker jackets. They are lightweight and great for washing or trimming in when it gets a lil cool.

The kids got squirt bottles, halters, buckets, feedpans, blankets, stepping stones, metal cutouts (Cutting Edge makes them) that are cool.
Sweatshirts or Jackets are always nice.

JohnnaIvey":30qpx3ak said:
Just taking a quick poll........ have any of you seen any really nice awards that are "different" recently at any of the shows? I've seen some nice blankets and acrylic trophies lately.... I'm wondering what other new awards are out there this show season. I've got some backpacks, chairs, blankets, buckles, and travel bags ordered...... but I'm just looking for something that could be the next "trend". Thanks!

Vests are awsome..i have gotten sleeping bags, garment bags,BIG rossetes ect..

The Grand Champion and the reverve get new combs and new show halters. the new kids get water bucket.

This year at out awards banquet they gave out those number clips you put on your pocket but with a gold plaque on it saying what you won. It was deffedently different

I think it was a couple years ago that a show was giving out andis clippers to all of the first place class winners, the box said "Class winner at *show*" . Ive also gotten a 'goody bag' for a couple championships with a few sullivan products (fitting products, show comb, halter w/ matching neck tie, rice root brush) in a duffel bag. Junior National Shorthorn Show gave out buckets filled with stuff (gloves, pocket book, 'sample' feed) and for awards metal cut-outs of shorthorn cattle.

Latest posts