Average Income

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":fuvej36a said:
You are a very wise young man IMO.
It is not what you make it is how you mange what you have. Not my words but those of my Mom.
The greastest blessing I recieved is being raised by the generation that lived through the depression.
I am with you on low standard of living as long as I got a bisquit and a dry bed I am happy camper.
It doesn't take a lot to live if you stay out of debt.
The Media has brainwashed an entire generation they need this or that to be happy.
Good credit, bad credit, no credit come on down and we will fix you up.

That's pretty much the way I am. Someone else mentioned a person not being able to live the American dream and buy a home because he didn't have the down payment. The American dream has changed a lot from my grandparents day. Their idea was being free, having food on the table, clothes on their back, a roof over their head, and no debt. These days we have been brainwashed into thinking we need fancy houses and new cars to be happy. That's the American dream now.

herofan":1hb6mrpj said:
Caustic Burno":1hb6mrpj said:
It is not what you make it is how you mange what you have. Not my words but those of my Mom.
The greastest blessing I recieved is being raised by the generation that lived through the depression.
I am with you on low standard of living as long as I got a bisquit and a dry bed I am happy camper.
The Media has brainwashed an entire generation they need this or that to be happy.

That's pretty much the way I am. Someone else mentioned a person not being able to live the American dream and buy a home because he didn't have the down payment. The American dream has changed a lot from my grandparents day. Their idea was being free, having food on the table, clothes on their back, a roof over their head, and no debt. These days we have been brainwashed into thinking we need fancy houses and new cars to be happy. That's the American dream now.
When they talk about the American dream they accept debt as a part of the dream.
Back in my younger days to be debt free was part of the American dream.
Now people say they are debt free except for their house mortgage and probably car(s) payments.
Is this not debt????

Home mortgage is deemed to be just fine because house, real estate prices always go up. That is pure :bs:
I don't mean to condemn or offend anybody--just saying the way I see it.

I have seen land and property collapse several time's in my lifetime.
I had the opportunity to buy 200 acres next to mine one time for 400 an acre.
That same piece of property was priced at 800 a few years earlier.

Ryder":1tjf3ok2 said:
When they talk about the American dream they accept debt as a part of the dream.
Now people say they are debt free except for their house mortgage and probably car(s) payments.
Is this not debt????

Home mortgage is deemed to be just fine because house, real estate prices always go up. That is pure :bs:

I see the mortgage argument to a point. Making a monthly payment on a home is a little different than being in debt over a comic book collection, but my wallet doesn't know the difference. One still has to work and make the payments regardless.

Caustic Burno":31tni3dv said:
I have seen land and property collapse several time's in my lifetime.
I had the opportunity to buy 200 acres next to mine one time for 400 an acre.
That same piece of property was priced at 800 a few years earlier.

I had the opportunity to buy 320 acres here 5 years back for half of what it is now. I just had too much going at the time and would have been spread too thin. I knew I'd kick myself later and I do every time I drive buy.

Ryder":v4vs8bqw said:
herofan":v4vs8bqw said:
Caustic Burno":v4vs8bqw said:

Is this not debt????

Exactly. That is why you need to put %20 down. The value can drop %20 and you can still sell it to move some where there is work. Not like all these people who are underwater in an area with high unemployment. They paint themselves in a corner and expect me, us, to bail them out. :bang:

Brute 23":1jo43tl3 said:
Exactly. That is why you need to put %20 down. The value can drop %20 and you can still sell it to move some where there is work. Not like all these people who are underwater in an area with high unemployment. They paint themselves in a corner and expect me, us, to bail them out. :bang:

I always figured that IF a fellow fully intended to pay his note as agreed he shouldn't have any hangups about how much was required as a down payment. And if he can't make the pmts' on a 15=20 year note amortization he probably can't make the pmts. on a 30-40 year amortization either.

TexasBred":up5smuld said:
Brute 23":up5smuld said:

I always figured that IF a fellow fully intended to pay his note as agreed he shouldn't have any hangups about how much was required as a down payment. And if he can't make the pmts' on a 15=20 year note amortization he probably can't make the pmts. on a 30-40 year amortization either.

Your right. If you can make a $1000+ house payment. Why can't you save $1000 a month for 24 months and put $24000 down on a house?

What the average person spends in a convenience store, and restaurants would fund a million dollar retirement fund. You don't have to save a lot, just a little bit for a real long time. Years ago, I was a loan officer at a bank.---------------people that you thought had a lot, really just owed a lot. People you never dreamt had a nice little nest egg where actually very solid.

Depreciation is a bigger stone around your neck, than people give it credit for as we'll. I remember well people explaining to me: 1. how hard they work, and they need that boat to relax. 2. That new haybine would sure make my life easier. 3. I like to put my wife in something dependable.

I like my wife to. She can depend on me to come get her when she breaks down.

Brute 23":36dk96i1 said:
TexasBred":36dk96i1 said:
Brute 23":36dk96i1 said:

Your right. If you can make a $1000+ house payment. Why can't you save $1000 a month for 24 months and put $24000 down on a house?

I will tell you why, I heard a leading economist speak one time and what he said has stuck with me.
You could take everyone in America take away everthing they have give everyone a thousand dollars to start over.
He said Bill Gates would still be the richest and the guy living under the overpass would still be living there.
Most people can't manage money.

Remember the good ol days?

Remember the Duzenberg? They were everywhere in the day. Back when the richest Americans paid up to 90% in taxes. Those taxes built the infrastructure.

Now we have ultra rich presidential candidate bragging about paying 16% taxes and complaining about 50% (sic) of the citizens he claims that live off the government.

Also, it would help if writers new the difference between SS and SS disability. But I won't confuse the subject with details.

gimpyrancher":1zae1p0y said:

Remember the Duzenberg? They were everywhere in the day. Back when the richest Americans paid up to 90% in taxes. Those taxes built the infrastructure.

Now we have ultra rich presidential candidate bragging about paying 16% taxes and complaining about 50% (sic) of the citizens he claims that live off the government.

Also, it would help if writers new the difference between SS and SS disability. But I won't confuse the subject with details.

I also remember how much money we had in the SS fund before LBJ raided it in order to pay for the Great Society scam that only served to make welfare artists out of millions of people.

3way,

> I also remember how much money we had in the SS fund before LBJ raided it in order to pay for the Great Society scam that only served to make welfare artists out of millions of people.

That explains how 98% of the wealth now lays in the pockets of the 1%. Darn those welfare recipients! They ruin everything!

I'm sorry, I forgot, what is the definition of redistribution? :deadhorse:

gimpyrancher":1dknmlzt said:
3way,

> I also remember how much money we had in the SS fund before LBJ raided it in order to pay for the Great Society scam that only served to make welfare artists out of millions of people.

That explains how 98% of the wealth now lays in the pockets of the 1%. Darn those welfare recipients! They ruin everything!

It lays in the 1% pockets because they earned it. Some thing people like yourself always forget to mention.

I am not against taxes or chipping in for the greater good. I'm against all the wasteful spending and debt our current govt participates in. Show me a smaller, leaner, debt free govt and we will talk about chipping in.

gimpyrancher":2iawz3hc said:
3way,

Yes it's real sad when folks want to keep the money they earn isn't it?

Or in the case of the SS fund the money that they all had contributed for SOCIAL SECURITY not WELFARE

gimpyrancher":ugff7uiu said:
3way,

I guess the thing that bug's me the most is how envious people are of people that earned more than they acquired. They must be bad people.
Envy and greed are two sin's that has got man in trouble since the beginning of time.
Your opinion would be 180 degrees from where it is now if you were the 1%.
I bet for dang sure you wouldn't give it away.

gimpyrancher":fimxry5k said:

Whats wrong with 16%? That ought to be plenty. 10% is enough for The Lord.
A large part of those (not all) 50% should be complained about.

jedstivers":1kfjq64l said:
gimpyrancher":1kfjq64l said:

Whats wrong with 16%? That ought to be plenty. 10% is enough for The Lord.
A large part of those (not all) 50% should be complained about.

I agree Jed 10% should be enough and every swinging pecker pay.
I started off as a common laborer and I am in the top 5%, I don't owe anyone a thing.
Go earn it yourself. Get off your ass and get after it the Good Lord created man but we are not all equal when it comes to managing a dollar.
Everytime I here someone complaining they have more than me I get madder than a man on the wrong train.

Latest posts