Automatic Waterer

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I asked Santa for a heated, automatic waterer to place in a rented pasture where the owner only had a tank. I wanted to make sure the owner wouldn't worry about the water freezing on the cattle. It is an elderly lady that is very nice and is concerned about the cattle. When I told her I had a new heated waterer to put out there, she said she was afraid of those and didn't want any cattle electrocuted on her property. :eek: I was so proud that Santa brought it to me. Now it looks like I am going to have to come up with something else. I looked at the Mirafount waterers, and when I look at the prices, I feel all of my joints aching. A one baller, I found it for $329. It will water 60 beef cattle and 30 dairy cattle. My fingers are sore from trying to find something more economical on the internet. I wonder if I install a toiet in the middle of the pasture if that would work. I could teach them to flush it when it ran dry. I would have to teach the bull to raise the seat when he drank from it!! :lol:

we just installed a mirafount two ball waterer in one of the lots. Isnt hooked up yet but I'd suggest getting a different pipe than they have for the ground heat tube. Theirs just doesnt look like its worth two squirts.

If its the type of waterer where the electric heating element is below the drinker try explaining to her that the water and electric aren't in contact with each other. Good luck.

the only brand we have now is Ritchie Waterers. We milked dairy cows up to 1995 and the waterers were installed two years before we quit. those waterers are still there today and are being used for show steers. being over 10 years old and still running great tells me there isnt another brand. before we installed the ritchie we had mirafount and lets just say we werent impressed. ritchies may cost more but beleive me you will actually be happy.

kevin