Aubrac's

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":9pit9ihi said:
3waycross":9pit9ihi said:
Had a gal who raised them locally or at least she tried. She had a purebred bull(OK and polled or dehorned) a purebred cow close to 18oolbs and horned but a real beauty. She ran her bull on a bunch of mixed cows and i guess was trying to breed up. They were decent and never seemed to be bothered with the altitude. She left town a couple of years ago.
Dun i heard they marbled real well.

Grey bull all i have ever seen come out of Wyoming was sheep and the people who LOVED them.(sometimes too well) so get over yourself. A lot of folks on here do a lot of good for beginners and such. If you find it distasteful vote with your feet and take a hike!

Well 3waycross, I know a couple of folks from Wyoming that I would have a beer or coffee with.....
but other than that I agree with your thoughts.....

This Grey Bull is a self annointed know it all who has taken on the task of purging this board of all know it alls....
to accomplish this task Grey Bull takes on the top of the list of folks who know more than he (or she...who know these days) knows.

Jim, I agree and have a couple of real good friends from Wyoming but i am also real sick of their "Greenie" :bs:

wyograybull":3a98uxfk said:
Blowhard internet "ranchers". Perfect reason why I still visit here.......once in a while.......you can find a real terrific contact........such as Catherina.........among the blowhard BSers.........such as dun, ss and caustic.....that don't know squat about cattle, ranching or breeds of cattle. They type to get some sort of "authority fix"..........and it is a pure shame that some folks looking for real info.......read and believe their BS. Let me repeat........real ranchers seldom spend all day posting the BS that goes on to this site..........there is no doubt that the replies from the "internet experts" here........are boguas...........If anyone of them had ever actually seen......much less identify an "aubrac" cow.........then I will be the first to offer an apology........until then......quit your bullying tactics and pure "know nothing" bs........until you read and learn something worthwhile to comment on.

Thanks wyograybull!

SSGenetics":2rnstkjo said:
Catherina_Cunnane.":2rnstkjo said:
Stepbystep":2rnstkjo said:
How is their heat tolerance? Would figure they would not handle heat in southern states like Florida and Texas

Hi
Em....Aubracs have a good resistance to everything! Diseases...infections...ect.
They come from Massif in France, so I dunno what the weather is like there... they can deffo handle hot and cold weather whatever about the weather in Texas or where ever you are! :D :D :D :D

I havent been to Massif in France or Texas... so i cant really comment about the cattle and the weather... but if you want a contact? I know Aubrac Breeders in the USA?
I can send them an email to get in touch with you if you would like further info?
Its no problem what-so-ever
-Catherina-

Give it a rest Catherina... They are not the be-all end-all of cattle breeds, especially here in the US. :roll:

Have to appreciate your enthusiasm though! :tiphat:

Hi,
Thanks for appreciating my enthusiasm. Means alot. :)

I'm still curous about the marbeling. In the US the better marbeling is where the premiums are paid in most cases, not the lean stuff.

Kathie in Thorp":3lekzfv5 said:
Catherina_Cunnane.":3lekzfv5 said:
Hi, Im just after looking through this conversation.
Aubracs are not like jerseys...and are defiantly not like Jerseys on steroids..I don't know where you are getting that from?
No two breeds are alike.
They are all different in some way!
Jerseys are a dairy breed.
Aubracs are a suckler and beef breed.
They have absolutely nothing in common. No beef or dairy breeds do.
They make look the same colour, but they aren't.
Aubracs are the cattle to have!
Catherina, don't be offended by terms like "Jersey's on steroids." No offense is intended, I'm sure. Your breed of cattle is just something new/different here, so everyone is curious and (of course) everyone that has cattle is usually pretty fond of what they already have out in the pasture. :) Welcome aboard the CT board.

Thanks! :D :D

Latest posts