Aubrac's

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi, Im just after looking through this conversation.
Aubracs are not like jerseys...and are defiantly not like Jerseys on steroids..I don't know where you are getting that from?
No two breeds are alike.
They are all different in some way!
Jerseys are a dairy breed.
Aubracs are a suckler and beef breed.
They have absolutely nothing in common. No beef or dairy breeds do.
They make look the same colour, but they aren't.
Aubracs are the cattle to have!

Oh good, another breed war.
Been awhile so it's time for one. While it obvious they don't have anything in common with a Jersey other than four hooves, a set of teets and being of the bovine family I too thought a Jersey on steroids was what they looked like.
They are a nice looking cow though.

jedstivers":1iu5xd32 said:
Been awhile so it's time for one. While it obvious they don't have anything in common with a Jersey other than four hooves, a set of teets and being of the bovine family I too thought a Jersey on steroids was what they looked like.

They are good looking cattle but, you couldn't give me that color.
Talk about getting hammered at the salebarn.

Catherina_Cunnane.":30u15w4z said:
Hi, Im just after looking through this conversation.
Aubracs are not like jerseys...and are defiantly not like Jerseys on steroids..I don't know where you are getting that from?
No two breeds are alike.
They are all different in some way!
Jerseys are a dairy breed.
Aubracs are a suckler and beef breed.
They have absolutely nothing in common. No beef or dairy breeds do.
They make look the same colour, but they aren't.
Aubracs are the cattle to have!
Catherine, don't be offended by terms like "Jersey's on steroids." No offense is intended, I'm sure. Your breed of cattle is just something new/different here, so everyone is curious and (of course) everyone that has cattle is usually pretty fond of what they already have out in the pasture. :) Welcome aboard the CT board.

pdfangus":26f8cegv said:
IS IT NOT THE PURPOSE OF THE AUBRACS TO TRY TO RECREATE THE EXTINCT BREED OF ANCIENT CATTLE???

Hi,
The Aubracs are the perfect breed of the future.
with feed supplies tightening, and whopping feed prices....its time that the Aubrac take the stage!
its time for a new breed!-THE AUBRAC.
coming from the glorious mountains of France..they are used of any weather conditions- hot or cold! Any climate suits them!
They are really easy to manage and to care for! The Aubracs are very profitable.
they thrive on any land! And they thrive greatly in any sort of ground- let it be dry, or wet.
The produce excellent calves for the export market..and the heifers make excellent future maiden replacement heifers!
The Cows most importantly produce 'one calf, per cow, per year'.
It may only appear to rhyming moto...but for us proud aubrac breeders it is reality.
You can view more infomation on : www.aubrac.ie (IRISH AUBRAC SOCIETY) Or my website: http://www.derrybrackaubracs.yolasite.com! A little insider into what this breed is like!

Stepbystep":2dimtunu said:
How is their heat tolerance? Would figure they would not handle heat in southern states like Florida and Texas

Hi
Em....Aubracs have a good resistance to everything! Diseases...infections...ect.
They come from Massif in France, so I dunno what the weather is like there... they can deffo handle hot and cold weather whatever about the weather in Texas or where ever you are! :D :D :D :D

I havent been to Massif in France or Texas... so i cant really comment about the cattle and the weather... but if you want a contact? I know Aubrac Breeders in the USA?
I can send them an email to get in touch with you if you would like further info?
Its no problem what-so-ever
-Catherina-

Nite Hawk":25yijph3 said:
They look similar to tarentais cattle...
Nite Hawk

Hi!
Yes, they actually look similar to taranaise cattle!
Here in Ireland we also have a breed called 'parthenaise' aswell except the Aubrac Differs from the rest!!!!!!!!!
Are you a taranaise breeder?And if so.. what are they like?
No taranaise cattle here in Ireland at the mo. but i would like to find out more?
Maybe cross an aubrac and a tarenaise sometime in the future?
Always on for experimenting and challenges.
-Catherina-

jedstivers":khsialmt said:

Are you a Jersey Breeder??
They are actually nice looking! Not gonna disagree there with ya! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catherina_Cunnane.":17yhhwc9 said:
Stepbystep":17yhhwc9 said:
How is their heat tolerance? Would figure they would not handle heat in southern states like Florida and Texas

Hi
Em....Aubracs have a good resistance to everything! Diseases...infections...ect.
They come from Massif in France, so I dunno what the weather is like there... they can deffo handle hot and cold weather whatever about the weather in Texas or where ever you are! :D :D :D :D

I havent been to Massif in France or Texas... so i cant really comment about the cattle and the weather... but if you want a contact? I know Aubrac Breeders in the USA?
I can send them an email to get in touch with you if you would like further info?
Its no problem what-so-ever
-Catherina-

Give it a rest Catherina... They are not the be-all end-all of cattle breeds, especially here in the US. :roll:

Have to appreciate your enthusiasm though! :tiphat:

One last chance for you to tout them, how do the marble compared to the other french breeds? About the same, 10 times better, etc.

Catherina_Cunnane.":1ppwandx said:
jedstivers":1ppwandx said:

Are you a Jersey Breeder??
They are actually nice looking! Not gonna disagree there with ya! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No I'm not a Jersey Breeder, not to many of them in the AR Delta. :D

dun":dguz4hpz said:
One last chance for you to tout them, how do the marble compared to the other french breeds? About the same, 10 times better, etc.

Everything else has been richer than three feet up a bull's ass. I can't wait.
Some poor soul has swallowed the breed association's :bs: hook line and sinker.

Blowhard internet "ranchers". Perfect reason why I still visit here.......once in a while.......you can find a real terrific contact........such as Catherina.........among the blowhard BSers.........such as dun, ss and caustic.....that don't know squat about cattle, ranching or breeds of cattle. They type to get some sort of "authority fix"..........and it is a pure shame that some folks looking for real info.......read and believe their BS. Let me repeat........real ranchers seldom spend all day posting the BS that goes on to this site..........there is no doubt that the replies from the "internet experts" here........are boguas...........If anyone of them had ever actually seen......much less identify an "aubrac" cow.........then I will be the first to offer an apology........until then......quit your bullying tactics and pure "know nothing" bs........until you read and learn something worthwhile to comment on.

jedstivers":2g57dypn said:
Guess y'all understand your place now. Go back under your rocks and don't type anything until ask. :mrgreen: :hide: :bang: :deadhorse:

After over forty year's of listening to this BS I wonder what breed it will be tomorrow.

Had a gal who raised them locally or at least she tried. She had a purebred bull(OK and polled or dehorned) a purebred cow close to 18oolbs and horned but a real beauty. She ran her bull on a bunch of mixed cows and i guess was trying to breed up. They were decent and never seemed to be bothered with the altitude. She left town a couple of years ago.
Dun i heard they marbled real well.

Grey bull all i have ever seen come out of Wyoming was sheep and the people who LOVED them.(sometimes too well) so get over yourself. A lot of folks on here do a lot of good for beginners and such. If you find it distasteful vote with your feet and take a hike!

3waycross":2lrq5zja said:
Had a gal who raised them locally or at least she tried. She had a purebred bull(OK and polled or dehorned) a purebred cow close to 18oolbs and horned but a real beauty. She ran her bull on a bunch of mixed cows and i guess was trying to breed up. They were decent and never seemed to be bothered with the altitude. She left town a couple of years ago.
Dun i heard they marbled real well.

Grey bull all i have ever seen come out of Wyoming was sheep and the people who LOVED them.(sometimes too well) so get over yourself. A lot of folks on here do a lot of good for beginners and such. If you find it distasteful vote with your feet and take a hike!

Well 3waycross, I know a couple of folks from Wyoming that I would have a beer or coffee with.....
but other than that I agree with your thoughts.....

This Grey Bull is a self annointed know it all who has taken on the task of purging this board of all know it alls....
to accomplish this task Grey Bull takes on the top of the list of folks who know more than he (or she...who know these days) knows.

just another to add to the list with
some of our other old favorite know it all idiots.

But I will respond to grey bull on behalf of the grizzled old veteran cadre....
The folks you have named have forgotten more than you will ever learn with your closed minded, attack oriented, dumb assed wise guy attitude.
these guys you are so quick to criticize have been there and done that and have idled back to enjoy life a little better. I am one of them...I have handled near as many cattle in my life as you have seen but I have time to do this cause in my reclining years, I have a desk type day job that I can do one handed while monitoring e-mails from my desk chair. My cattle and my horses are now hobbies to me and are pretty easy because I have finally figured out what it takes to keep em alive and happy and self sufficient. I have made the stupid mistakes....I have done the bonehead things....but I tried to learn from them and from those who knew more than I do....

if you live long enough you may learn a few things too....but I am not too hopeful for you with your attitude.

Latest posts