Asbestos Siding

Help Support CattleToday:

klm3030

Reaction score
If a guy (acquaintance of mine) had an old house covered with asbestos siding and he had an old well that he needed to cave in and fill, would it be ok to put the siding in the well?

If he has down stream neighbors and they ever found out what he did they would own him. If EPA ever found out they would own his soul.

We have a person in the area that grinds shingles from tearoffs. Some shingles are very old and could have asbestos in them. The grinding are sold and folks use them on their driveways.

Around here if you are the homeowner or a farmer you need to double bag and label it and take it to a landfill that accepts it. Gets trickier if you are a 3rd party or contractor.

Been handling asbestos all my life, so has my dad. Funny how we have gone from carefree about it to so cautious. Before handling spray with bondcrete to seal it. We still have heaps of it in our buildings.

He either needs to not touch it or contact the EPA for proper disposal. Asbestos is totally fine until it is disturbed. Once it is disturbed those microscopic fibers are deadly.

A guy I know was reclaiming an old factory here and selling it off overseas. The EPA told him how to proceed as far as the asbestos disposal {hazmat suits, respirators, proper landfill ect.}. He tried to cut corners.

I think he gets out of the Federal Penitentiary in about 5 years.

He either needs to not touch it or contact the EPA for proper disposal. Asbestos is totally fine until it is disturbed. Once it is disturbed those microscopic fibers are deadly.

A guy I know was reclaiming an old factory here and selling it off overseas. The EPA told him how to proceed as far as the asbestos disposal {hazmat suits, respirators, proper landfill ect.}. He tried to cut corners.

I think he gets out of the Federal Penitentiary in about 5 years.
Yet rioters get out the next day if not within hours. What a mixed up country this has become.

Glad I don't have that problem. If I did, it would NOT go in a well. There might be a deep hole dug close by. Maybe very late in the day or very early in the morning. Might involve spraying down with water and wearing a mask. It might disappear never to be seen again. I would not seek assistance from anyone other than a trusted friend with a big Cat. But like everything in life, everyone has to make their own decisions and live with the consequences.

Latest posts