Arrow Q catch

Help Support CattleToday:

They make good stuff for sure. We removed the auto catch headgate off of our chute several years ago and replaced with the Q Catch, really like how quiet it is, how much less work it is to operate it, and how the cattle don't get nearly as riled up with it. When I win the lottery I plan on buying the rest of the chute.

I wouldn't know what to do with that set up. I just have a saloon door head catcher bolted to a couple of post, and boards for an alley. That'd be so nice to have. I don't see the number of head I have ever paying for that.

Been around them and not impressed. Far more bang for your buck with Sioux Steel/Real Tuff/Tuff.

Can only figure that the guys who have them came from some very poorly designed setup and needed a sizable write-off. Local feedstore brought 2 Q-catch in a year ago and finally sold one. Other one still sits. Meanwhile Sioux units get sold steady. It's an extra 2k more to buy an Arrow over Sioux, guys can buy 3 Sioux chutes for price of 2 Arrow units.

Aaron":3j4ahlzx said:
Been around them and not impressed. Far more bang for your buck with Sioux Steel/Real Tuff/Tuff.

Can only figure that the guys who have them came from some very poorly designed setup and needed a sizable write-off. Local feedstore brought 2 Q-catch in a year ago and finally sold one. Other one still sits. Meanwhile Sioux units get sold steady. It's an extra 2k more to buy an Arrow over Sioux, guys can buy 3 Sioux chutes for price of 2 Arrow units.

Can you even buy a Sioux chute that doesn't have the saloon catch? And the Sioux chute only squeezes from one side. The Arrow chute has the best head catch for tattoo, implants or eye work.
I think your very wrong on this Aaron, besides on the price.

I like the Tuff chutes for what they are, but they aren't in the same league as the arrows. The tuffs are rather clunky/ and at times show some sub par workmanship and what appear to be after thoughts thrown on. The arrows are a well made piece of gear, but have a price to reflect that.

Also the arrows are easier to convert to hydraulic, where as you would have some work to do to make the tuffs accept any hydraulics.

I've used an arrow 8500 quite a bit, the new 86 series is out now and is supposed to be better again, and quieter. I havent put my hands on one yet, but they run about $8500 canadian

True Grit Farms":6nmukjyf said:
Aaron":6nmukjyf said:

Can you even buy a Sioux chute that doesn't have the saloon catch? And the Sioux chute only squeezes from one side. The Arrow chute has the best head catch for tattoo, implants or eye work.
I think your very wrong on this Aaron, besides on the price.

Can get them with a manual scissor headgate. They are a parallel squeeze - both sides. Not sure what squeeze you have been looking at.

ALACOWMAN":j7bd1ybe said:
Bout every video shows em using a pour-on, all that money time and work,just to use a pour-on..probably just kool aid. :cowboy:

The only thing I would like to have one for is to apply fly tags in the ear. As for as the pour on goes I have a alley 5 foot wide that I can crowd six or seven cows in at one time. Raised Walkway along one side that I get on with the pour on with spray gun that comes with the pour on if you buy enough. Cows pretty well know what we are doing and this works very well for me. Also any one using the mineral with the IGR in it and what about your thoughts on it.

our farm has owned 4 chutes over the past 40'years. Our Q catch is hands down the best chute I've ever operated. That's including most of the major market brands seen at farm equipment shows. Parallel squeeze, the ability to operate headcatch from front or back, and the optional head immobilizer are incredible features. We got the portable alley that we park in front of a home built bud box and we have cut processing time in half from our old system. Expense is the only detractor...but if you have the scale to afford, I would highly recommend.

Curious if Arrow and Lakeland Farm & Ranch Equipment are related companies? This Arrow chute looks similar but with some differences to Lakeland's current line.

Luckiamute":3108lccl said:
Curious if Arrow and Lakeland Farm & Ranch Equipment are related companies? This Arrow chute looks similar but with some differences to Lakeland's current line.

Arrow makes the chute, Lakeland is just a middle man - slaps their own sticker on. I have a suspicion that deal is now over as I have seen Real Tuff/Tuff/Sioux Steel chutes (painted dark green of course) now being marketed as Lakeland's premier chutes for the last few months. I have thought of calling to find out the price, just to see how much they are gouging over Tuff prices.

I contacted tuff for curiositys sake when I saw them advertised locally - I wanted to see what one would cost picked up directly from them in manitoba - they were over 500 more than the local price. So who's gouging there?

Supa Dexta":2xfqkibs said:
I contacted tuff for curiositys sake when I saw them advertised locally - I wanted to see what one would cost picked up directly from them in manitoba - they were over 500 more than the local price. So who's gouging there?

Likely some side deal set up with local dealer to make it worthwhile for him. I know a number of companies that do the same thing when distance is an issue.

You do realize where you live in comparison to the actual farming core of the country right? How farm products from the Prairies don't end up costing you almost double is beyond me.

When I asked it was the same price, but I am only 300 miles from the factory. The owner, Alan Comte, is a h3ll of a nice guy.

Latest posts