Ark Jr Hereford Show-Batesville

Help Support CattleToday:

Nope -- from Texas. Let us know how it goes though.

Good luck and take some pics.

Who's judging?

I have no idea who's judging. We are only taking my dayghter's heifer that she has shown this year. I think she's looking good, but when you get her alongside other's I'm not so sure.

We just got home. We had a good time, but my daughter's heifer came in last in her class :( . Three months until our county and district fairs. Maybe we'll have better luck then. That's hard for an 11 yr old to accept, though.

Well, the main thing is that you learn something each time you go out. Who judged? Who won champion and reserve heifer/bull? Do you know the breeding on them?

I haven't been around the Hereford shows enough to know the names yet. I so know that the reserve champ. heifer was from Deshazers (sp?)

showmomof2":2k3u60wz said:
We just got home. We had a good time, but my daughter's heifer came in last in her class :( . Three months until our county and district fairs. Maybe we'll have better luck then. That's hard for an 11 yr old to accept, though.

Did you take any pics? Maybe I can help you by telling you what you need to look to improve on in selecting the next heifer.

Thanks, Knersie. I'll try to get a picture this afternoon. There is a picture of her new one on the sales page under Thompson's sale. She isn't the one we showed this weekend. The new one is out of Legend 242 and a Wrangler 19D grandaughter. We just got her home late Sat. night, so she is real green. My son has a new one also-with a lot of Domino blood in her. We have had her for about a month and we are real pleased with her progress. The one my daughter showed is the one she has showed since last fall. I feel she has come along nicely, but is lacking in muscle. We are looking forward to her calf next spring.

showmomof2":10y3dji1 said:
I haven't been around the Hereford shows enough to know the names yet. I so know that the reserve champ. heifer was from Deshazers (sp?)

You spelled it right. DeShazer has some good ones. We just got 2 from them. The November is coming along really well. The Sept is pretty good too, but she sure is high-headed; she's starting to calm down though.

Sure some of the DeShazer heifers go pretty high, but there are some bargains to be had (that's why we got 2 instead of 1). You might consider going to their next sale.

Latest posts