Are you a Member of your State Cattlemen's Association?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Just wondered how many of you are members of State Cattlemen's/ Women's Associations? If you're not, what is the reason...I'm heading a membership drive for TCA, in our County and getting folks to shell out 40 bucks is not easy.

Yep. I am a member of the TCA. My Dad and I both just renewed. Good luck on the drive. I landed 3 new members this year myself. Our dues are 30.00 and squeezing that out of a cattleman is like getting blood from a turnip so I don't envy you with the 40.00 target. :lol:

I'm a member of GCA Three Rivers and have been for years. Our due went up to $50 last year. Lost a few members but still have one of the biggest associations in the state at 80-90 members. Women's dues are $15. We have a steak supper once a month paid for by various sponsors and usually a pretty good speaker. Get to talk with other cattlemen and socialize with local business people. I really like it and get a lot out of it.

If your having trouble with 40 bucks you would have a heck of a time with ours. The TSWCRA stars at 90 dollars and goes up according to the number of head you run.

FCA dues in my county are 50, the magazine and steak dinner alone makes it worth it. jp

Workinonit Farm":1q5d5z9b said:
The CVCA is $50.00. :shock:

Katherine

The VCA is $20 when your'e member of an affiliate. If not it's $25. Our county association is $10 but you have to pay for your own quarterly meals, a whopping $5 each.

cfpinz

Caustic Burno":tbovxbnd said:
If your having trouble with 40 bucks you would have a heck of a time with ours. The TSWCRA stars at 90 dollars and goes up according to the number of head you run.

I ask the OCA association the same question every year and get shut up right directly. No one wants to field my questions when I start out with "Do I get better representation if I have 200 head since I have to pay more for membership?" I get told that they will work just as hard for the feller that has 20 head and pays $50 as they will for the sucker that admits to having 200 head and pays over $100. Something just don't add up in my tiny brain.

To answer Crower's question...I'm not a member of the OCA, havn't been for a couple years. Probably will be with in a couple years though. But I do pay my check off dollars with no complaints.

Yes , i,am a member of the ACA , dues are $35.00 a year.

Washington Cattleman's is $100 and goes up if you have more than 50 head.
I think about joining. I know some of the state officers real well. But I live in a county with no active county organization and the state convention is always the week of elk season when I have real important business to take care of.

im in the juniors for shorthorn and it was 50 dollars for a lifetime membership but sense it was for junior it only lasts til im 22 after that its like 110 dollars per year. and for hereford it was 15 dollars for one year. for adults its like 50 dollars a year.

cowboyup216":2tzllq1f said:
40 dollars for tennessee cattlemans association? Since when I only paid 20 dollars. I am a member of the tennessee cattlemans association. I joined at the time I was getting my bqa and master beef producer. At that time it only cost me 20 dollars.

If you looked on your application, the membership fees vary from County to County.I dont know of any County in the State that's less than 30.00.

Latest posts