April Fools!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
Why am I talking about April Fools Day? I mean like we haven't gotten through St. Paddy Day... But my reason is two fold...
First off... What was one of your most memorable April Fools Day?
For us it went something like this...
Linda, my wife, and I had dinner with two other couples one year on the 31st of March... Linda and I are always on the go and are usually home long enough on any given day to shoot, shod, band, and/or feed the critters and then we're off again...
Well to make a long story short, during our dinner, our friends suggested that we all haul our horses down to the river and go for a ride the next morning after breakfast...
The next morning, I go out to round up the horses as Linda starts breakfast and they were nowhere to be found... I mean it's not like they can get lost in their twenty acres pasture. I call Linda on the cell as I head out to check the fence line... She, still in her PJ's, hops on a four wheeler to run down the canal... Not a trace... No broken fences, no divits in the ground from leaping over any fences... No gates left open... No tracks down the driveway from either the horses or a truck and/or trailer... It was like they just vanished...
Well sparing you any further details, the other two couples had come over the just before dinner, snatched our steeds, dropped them off at one of their homes and continued on to dinner... By the time we had gotten home, it was dark and it had rained enough to obliterate the truck and trailer tracks...
Sooo Secondly, I am looking for revenge! I am hoping that armed with one of your stories and two weeks to plan it... Linda and I will be able to get even this year..

You could always do dinner again and slip out into the parking lot and jack up and block up their trucks so the wheels don't quite touch the ground. You have to be careful not to get so high that they notice when they get in.Z

My X had my truck stolen. Gave friends my extra key. They came down during the night and pushed it down the driveway and then stuck it in my barn which is aways from the house. Next morning I walked out and no truck. I just turned around and said call the Sheriff. She was sure disappointed that I didn't get upset.

flaboy?":kbfd3gz4 said:
My X had my truck stolen. Gave friends my extra key. They came down during the night and pushed it down the driveway and then stuck it in my barn which is aways from the house. Next morning I walked out and no truck. I just turned around and said call the Sheriff. She was sure disappointed that I didn't get upset.

Amazing Flaboy. I would never thunk a girl 13 years old could mastermind such a prank that good against her husband. Why'd ya'll divorce?

Crowderfarms":3c38gx3m said:
flaboy?":3c38gx3m said:

Amazing Flaboy. I would never thunk a girl 13 years old could mastermind such a prank that good against her husband. Why'd ya'll divorce?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crowderfarms":24mu1wym said:
flaboy?":24mu1wym said:

Well there ya go exaggerating again. Trying to make me look bad. You know as well as I do she was 14. You know this because she was your sister and you were married to her the year before me.

Instead of jacking it up and removing the tires, just remove the drive shaft. Much less noticible and less work.

A friend and me used to have a running contest, whenever we saw each other vehicle we would do something to disable it. Got real good at diagnostics from that contest. Best one I ever did, that he never figured out and finally had to call me and ask was removing the rotor inside his distributor cap.

One year I was working at a daycare center and we had some chicks that we had hatched in an incubator. The kids all loved it. Anyway, one of the moms pretended to be from the health department and called to say that the feed store where we had gotten the eggs was closed because all their chicks had salmonella and that we had to contact all the parents to have their kids vaccinated. She really had us going for a minute.

That same mom had a habit of leaving her keys in her car when she came to get her kids. So the next year, we walked her into another section of the building and one of us drove her car around to the side where she couldn't see it when she came out.

She was about the phone 911 when we told her what we'd done to get her back. But she really freaked before we told her.

In 1997, all my staff called in sick on April Fool's. One after the other. It took a long time to realize that had happened. They were all in another part of the building calling in from another line.

last year at golf...we hid another gals car behind the cart shed...she was one of those dramic kinda gals...so she pretty well lost it...it was sssoo funny

Or, "The Ol' Jeff Foxworthy Standby" (Yes, I did this once, LOL!)
If either you or your wife work with any of the pranksters from last year, wait 'till Friday, the 30th, right before quitting time, and then ask them..."are You Gettin' FIRED???" They'll stew all weekend about it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did this to my mom once. We were doing the dishes, I mumbled a curse under my breath about dropping a spoon in the garbage disposal. I acted like I had my hand in the disposal fishing for it but couldn't find it. (I took a fist full of hamburger and sqeezed it between my fingers when she wasn't looking). I mumbled something about turning the light switch on and turned the garbage disposal on. I jumped and convulsed in pretend pain and took my hand out of the sink. When she figured out I got here she only hit me twice before she started laughing.

Walt

Warning: don't actually stick your hand in the disposal ;-)

My grandmother died on April 1, 1993.

My second girl was born on Aprill 2, 1996

My first girl was born July 22, 1993.

My wife's grandmother died the next morning.

It all just seems a little strange.

Wewild":18b8rug1 said:
My grandmother died on April 1, 1993.

My second girl was born on Aprill 2, 1996

My first girl was born July 22, 1993.

My wife's grandmother died the next morning.

It all just seems a little strange.

:shock: Yeah it does!

April 1, 1994: 11:30AM: Departed Beloit, Kansas in a turbine powered ag plane and lost engine at about 200 feet. Ran out of altitude and ideas at just about the same time... :shock: Crashed into an empty hanger...broke my nose, 5 teeth, left collar bone in two, left shoulder blade, every rib on left side, and 3 bones in left foot. In the operating room 4 different times, off work three years, got addicted to pain killers...not a good time for me... :(

I am ALWAYS glad when "C"-day comes and goes and I get through it without incident...and I am scheduled to fly back from Reno this April 1st...geez :roll:

Van

Latest posts