Anyone see...

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
...the northern lights last night? I had gotten woke up at midnight because the night seemed oddly brighter than usual. They weren't as vibrant as I've seen before, but it was neat stand outside at one in the morning until 2 am to watch them dancing in the north and right above my head. Had the camera with me too, trying to get some shots.

According to this site they were really starting at around 10 pm.

My parents moved from Alaska back to TX in '70. I have not seen them since '70. Used to see them all the time back then. Someday I'll go see them again.

I got to see them when I was in Fairbanks back in '85. A few years later they showed up here for a few hours and again in October of '11. It's really an experience.

I saw them in Washington state in '85 but it was nothing compared to the shows we saw in AK. It was still quite the treat tho. I think a lot of the problem in Washington was all the synthetic street lights and whatnot. The sky just doesn't glow when you have all the background lighting on the horizons.

They appeared here in TX once and they announced it on the radio station I was listening to. Stopped the truck on the side of the road and got out. You could barely even make out color. But they were there.

Ryder":3433qhyp said:
I sure would like to see those lights someday. Guess I should say some night. :nod:
They don't appear during the summer time, do they?
The odd time they have. Most of the time they'll appear at the start of winter then at the start of spring. May see another colourful display within a month or two yet. :)

Haven't seen them for a long while, the best ones I have seen was in Denmark back in 1972. I have seen small sights in the North of England, but they are not that bright by the time they hit here, a few month ago we could see them ever so lightly in London, as the skys were very clear. I'd love to see them clear again one day.

Latest posts