Anyone had the pleasure?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have not tried that brand but there was a brand they carried here at a local grocery store that was pretty good. Taste just as good as any bacon I've had.

I would sure like to try some. On some white bread, mayo, lettuce and fresh beefsteaks from the garden. I honestly didn't know they had such a product. Will keep my eyes opened for some.

Thought it was mildly humorous that there is a market for it in middle east...

bball":30p00vei said:

bball - I'm disappointed in you.... do you think beef is made of pork? or don't you understand the word alternative?
The obvious market for both beef bacon and turkey bacon are those who refuse to eat pork.

Son of Butch":zpfuezm3 said:
bball":zpfuezm3 said:

bball - I'm disappointed in you.... do you think beef is made of pork? or don't you understand the word alternative?
The obvious market for both beef bacon and turkey bacon are those who refuse to eat pork.

Sorry to disappoint Butch :dunce:
My thought process being- why would a culture that does not consume swine, be interested in a product that tastes similiar to it but is not. I understand the religious obligations for not consuming swine. Just seemed a tad funny to me: Try this! It tastes just like swine, but it is not! Knowing they do not eat swine with strong conviction, it seemed funny to market a swine like product. Perhaps there is a huge curiosity to discover the enjoyment of swine without the transgression?

bball":q0v2v9f5 said:
Son of Butch":q0v2v9f5 said:
bball":q0v2v9f5 said:

Sorry to disappoint Butch :dunce:
My thought process being- why would a culture that does not consume swine, be interested in a product that tastes similiar to it but is not. I understand the religious obligations for not consuming swine. Just seemed a tad funny to me: Try this! It tastes just like swine, but it is not! Knowing they do not eat swine with strong conviction, it seemed funny to market a swine like product. Perhaps there is a huge curiosity to discover the enjoyment of swine without the transgression?

The same reason you can get non alcoholic drinks in a restaurant

Son of Butch":29mw759w said:
I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it.
And yes you are probably right about curiosity being a motive in purchasing.

I'm glad you did.
Perhaps I should have used curious instead of humorous. I am interested to see if a pork like substitute will be in demand in the middle east. I think it's interesting to discover if a culture that isn't familiar with the taste of pork per se, has a desire to experience it. In my mind, it seemed counter -intuitive. If a group of people for centuries, have refrained from consumption for religious reasons, it didn't seem likely they would be intersted to eat something that 'tasted' like the taboo original. I also realize, human nature is often drawn to that which is restricted. It was just intriguing to me.

bball":1uqpnftk said:
I would sure like to try some. On some white bread, mayo, lettuce and fresh beefsteaks from the garden. I honestly didn't know they had such a product. Will keep my eyes opened for some.

bb I think the pork thing is pretty much like the alcohol thing. It just depends on where you are and who's watching.

Latest posts