Anyone ever have eyelid surgery?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Went for the routine checkup today as I need new glasses. The doc doing the exam mentions my eyelids sagging down reducing my field of vision. They did a test to confirm that it was and is recommending that I go see another doctor for a consult to get a blepharoplasty , basically a eyelid lift. This really shocked me and has me confused. Been reading some on the web and it seems that this common but not a permanent fix. I asked him what caused it and he said it was normal aging. Curious if anyone had had or known someone who has. Got a decision to make and torn what to do. If it would benefit my vision then doing it before the end of the year would save me money as my deductible is met.

Had it last year. Good move. Got the weight of my droopy eyelids off my eyes. Didn't make me "prettier" but really didn't make me much uglier either. :lol: :lol: I recommend it. It's a simply surgery with a quick recovery (you do get two black eyes out of it). :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1skqhuyk said:
Had it last year. Good move. Got the weight of my droopy eyelids off my eyes. Didn't make me "prettier" but really didn't make me much uglier either. :lol: :lol: I recommend it. It's a simply surgery with a quick recovery (you do get two black eyes out of it). :mrgreen:
The guy that does my eye exams told me about the black eyes. He thinks it will help, I went ahead and scheduled the consult with the surgeon to get his opinion. I guess if I am going to do now would be the time, deductible is met and I am off work for another month anyway. They said I might be able to get it done before the end of the month.

tom4018":2ery3cyl said:
TexasBred":2ery3cyl said:
The guy that does my eye exams told me about the black eyes. He thinks it will help, I went ahead and scheduled the consult with the surgeon to get his opinion. I guess if I am going to do now would be the time, deductible is met and I am off work for another month anyway. They said I might be able to get it done before the end of the month.
It's pretty simple Tom and very little pain afterward. Only swelling and the black eyes for about a week. Might even try to get them to do a few extra nip and tucks and maybe a little botox here and there while they're at it. :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred, did it seem to help your vision any? they told me that my field of vision was reduced quit a bit.

tom4018":zdelc4bn said:
TexasBred, did it seem to help your vision any? they told me that my field of vision was reduced quit a bit.
Yessir. I don't have to make a conscious effort to lift by eyelids and open my eyes wide in order to see. I had to sort of :shock: to get the lids open enough to see. :lol:

Latest posts