Anyone bought their baler twine yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have not but I'll be curious to see if it has increased. I use Gold Crest twine and it was expensive enough last year! But my baler really likes it so I buy it anyways. How much increase have you seen?

Kyle

tnwalkingred":kcoha05y said:
I have not but I'll be curious to see if it has increased. I use Gold Crest twine and it was expensive enough last year! But my baler really likes it so I buy it anyways. How much increase have you seen?

Kyle
$47.99 for the 16000 round baler twine at Southern State. Last year same stuff was $35.75.

bigbull338":36216xs6 said:
we wont buy twine till we get ready to bale hay.
Been hearing it will be in short supply. Don't know if it is true or not.

i doubt that itll be hard to find.because if it is thatll cramp alot of farm stores out of some major money.

We bought ours last year, we use New Holland twin and it works well for us, we like having a year's worth in the barn

We bought a netwrap baler last year. Hope it doesnt go up too, its already expensive.

Rural King came out with an ad for $39.00 for the 16000, cheapest I have seen it. Not really worth the drive for me though.

It would probably pay to shop around a bit before the rush of hay season gets here. A lot of places give quantity discounts. A pallet of twine would last me a long time, but I could go in on it with a neighbor. :nod: I'd take the whole pallet, but not sure if I could keep mice out of it. :roll:

Three of us went in on a pallet and the best price we found locally was at TSC. It's the Brazilian Gold brand, it was $45.99/pack but the pallet price was $41.38 so we saved a few bucks.

Latest posts