Anybody make soup?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Put together 7 vegetables out of last years garden and 2 lbs. of home grown grass feed hamburger and decided to make a big pot of soup. It turned out good.

SYW9RoL.jpg

BTqvPhf.jpg

I make a vegetable beef that's brown (pic looks red to me). I buy a cheap roast and use lots of my almost secret ingredient...beef base.

That looks good. Do you ever can it? We normally make more than we can eat so we'll pressure can the soup in quart jars which makes for a perfect easy meal when we are pushed for time.

Jogeephus":2gaf1xri said:
That looks good. Do you ever can it? We normally make more than we can eat so we'll pressure can the soup in quart jars which makes for a perfect easy meal when we are pushed for time.
Any left over I freeze it in small containers just enough for a serving. I made two big pots like this and half of it got froze.

slick4591":14er2awn said:
I make a vegetable beef that's brown (pic looks red to me). I buy a cheap roast and use lots of my almost secret ingredient...beef base.
Can you share your almost secret recipe?

slick4591":t183r52c said:
Sure, but keep it an almost secret.

I used a TBS of that when I bagged a roast and cooked it sous vide. Made for some incredible lunch meat. Flavor was incredible.

Jogeephus":12ve6y9k said:
slick4591":12ve6y9k said:
Sure, but keep it an almost secret.

I used a TBS of that when I bagged a roast and cooked it sous vide. Made for some incredible lunch meat. Flavor was incredible.

The last roast I SV'd I coated with powdered au jus and dried onion, then vacuum packed the thing and let it set for 24. It went into the bath at 131/48. This is by far the best roast beef sandwich meat I have ever eaten. Goes great with French or sour dough.

Burgoo is about the only soup I like. I guess most would call it a stew, but I like mine thin.

Today I cleaned some of the fridge out. Left over mutton chops and some beef steak. Made scotch soup. Lots of veggies, spelt pearls and dumplings

Not a big fan of beef soups, or really any protein in soups. I don't mind a little chicken in my wild rice soup. Big fan of corn chowder, potato soup, cauliflower soup and mushroom soup.

Growing up mom always made scrouge soup. Any left overs that were not enough left to put on the table again went into a butter bowl in the freezer. When the bowl got full she made soup out of it. It was always different every time she made it.

Creamy potato soup with lots of bacon and bacon flavoring, with warm bread two or three times a year!...soup look great!

Latest posts