Any?

Help Support CattleToday:

dewey

Reaction score
any hunters amongst the folks here? i like to dove hunt, deer hunt, squirrell hunt just about any thing. i also coonhunt with a few ol hounds every now and then.

I like it all. Haven't coon hunted in ages but used to have some blueticks and walkers and we had many a fun night listening to them run.

dewey":gqcsq9wc said:
any hunters amongst the folks here? i like to dove hunt, deer hunt, squirrell hunt just about any thing. i also coonhunt with a few ol hounds every now and then.
Do you have hogs in your area yet ?

yep we got hogs galore around here. my nephew traps them and there are alotta folks with hog dogs around. lotta javalina's showing up now too.

we mostly hunts blueticks and black and tans. there is a redbone and walker around here too. :lol:

here are a few of my ol dogs.

Tracey

april19hunt5.jpg

Tuff

hunt5-4-07-F.jpg

Gambler

hunt5-4-07.jpg

Yup I do, elk, mule and whitetail deer, pheasants, grouse, and waterfowl. We don't have hogs. I've not hunted coon with hounds, but man! that looks like a great time.

come to think of it, theres not alot of huntin around here. i mean, everybody hunts but theres not alot of variety to hunt from. deer, turkey, phesants, quail is comin back, and thats mostly it. a few trap coons. thats boring as heck. isnt neer as fun as it would be with dogs. i guy comes down from canada each year to deer hunt with us. he enjoys squiral huntin, so i went with him and do you think i could hit one of those? heck no! but it was still fun tryin. the deer around here havnt been that great lately, but they seem to get better and better each year. i got a nice little 6 pointer last year. actually it wasnt that little, had some long tines on that guy. we need some elk around here. but there only in western nebraska

we use to have alotta quail around here but not anymore i guess the fire ants got them. we turned some loose about 10 years ago and they just disappeared. we heard and seen them for about two weeks then they just vanished. wild house cats or bob cats got them i dont know?

yep that coonhuntin with hounds can be addictive. :shock: if you go with some purty decent dogs but if you go with the wrong dogs you may get burnt out quick. :lol:

here are a few more hounds. we got more pictures of the dogs then we can look at in one day, figure i might as well share a few of em with yall. :lol:

Gambler workin on water.

Gamblerworkinwater3-10-07.jpg

the Lady of my lifes hounds. Luke (the redbone) and Ash ( the bluetick).

traininwithpups6-A.jpg

all of her hounds. Luke, Lori ( the black and tan. a pup outta Tuff and Tracey) and Ash.

traininwithpups5-A.jpg

Ash and Tuff on a tree.

traininwithpups2.jpg

I used to do quite a bit of hunting: ducks, pheasant, prairie chicken, quail, prairie dogs, coyotes, squirrel, hogs and deer. Now it seem like the only hunting I have time for is hunting for the time to go hunting!

Man, I used to burn the woods up Coon hunting 3 nights a week. A knot came up on my best dogs throat, It turned out to be cancer, hunted her till it got so bad she couldn't bark. I had her put down. Man i miss her and the hunting. I'm done coon hunting. I still Deer and dove hunt, in between jack and crappie fishing

I haven't hunted coons but i love hunting . i hunt about ever legal thing in indiana and i have trying to go coon hunting . ;-)

Latest posts