Any one else feeling lucky?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Lets all think positive thoughts... :)

tractfert.jpg

Well you hit a home run this time....But the grand slam comes with the next rain.....a week away or 40 days and nights....That's where it's at...

Hope it's next week myself but I'm glad my money is still in the bank. :D

I chickened out . Called and ordered 6 tons but 20min later I called back and canceled . I've gotten 3 inches so far but I don't think this is gonna be the start of wetter weather. If it doesn't rain again for 3 weeks we will be right back to where we were a week ago .

JSCATTLE":2ns0rx3u said:
I chickened out . Called and ordered 6 tons but 20min later I called back and canceled . I've gotten 3 inches so far but I don't think this is gonna be the start of wetter weather. If it doesn't rain again for 3 weeks we will be right back to where we were a week ago .

That's the situation....but I think all this rain will do is keep the grass alive for another week or two so more rain in the near future is a must for any improvement. Unless the July and August heat subsides I think we are still screwed. If not mistaken, our last rain was about May 13th .....5 weeks and a few days ago. But that is a 2 days shorter than the previous cycle and under 40 days and nights between them. Guess we can call that progress.

We had 1.5" and then another .5" since that May stuff. I hadn't had cattle on them since before they were cut last year. Put #400/ ac of N Saturday and ended up with 3.5" today. They race is on now.... will it cut before it dries up. :)

Brute 23":19h9xeye said:
We had 1.5" and then another .5" since that May stuff. I hadn't had cattle on them since before they were cut last year. Put #400/ ac of N Saturday and ended up with 3.5" today. The race is on now.... will it cut before it dries up. :)
Hasn't worked like that up here the the past 4 years...always needed the one more rain 10 days later that I never got. What adds even more height to the hurdle is being short on rainfall for so long there is no sub-moisture to draw on. But I wouldn't doubt that by next week it will be in full seedhead...