another liquid fert question

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjohn

Reaction score
how long do you keep the cattle off of the pasture after applying liquid fertilizer?
We have had two heavy dews and about 1/10" rain today

I spray fish/seaweed with molasses and microbes. Cows follow behind the tractor. What are you spraying?

I would leave them off 20 days or so. I watched a program that stated 28 days is optimun for cutting hay to reach the most digestable protein level. Also the grass or what ever you are grazing probly will have none of the benefit right off then will be hot for the animals. I feel that your fertilizer is in the ground and starting to work by now.

Scotty":t5vpompy said:
I would leave them off 20 days or so. I watched a program that stated 28 days is optimun for cutting hay to reach the most digestable protein level. Also the grass or what ever you are grazing probly will have none of the benefit right off then will be hot for the animals. I feel that your fertilizer is in the ground and starting to work by now.

I wasn't worried about when it starts working (I can see that when it greens up from the nitrogen) but if a cow eating liquid fertilizer (32-0-)) would hurt them.

I called the fertilizer dealer and he said that it wouldn't hurt them.

Latest posts