Another, Important Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

What should mnmt do with the Check?

• Sign it over to the Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy Cow Feed

• Boss Lady Obviously has the brains, let her decide.

• Ya take it and use it for your Fall hunting adventures

• Juist get the truck fixed.

• Total voters

mnmtranching

Reaction score
OK, Insurance adjuster stopped today. Hail damage on the Duramax. Settled on the spot $2,860. So I'm wondering what I should do with the money. :help: :?:

Hail Damage adds character. Use it for hunting adventures.

I didn't know what was wrong with the truck. Hail damage? How much? You can bank the check, but keep in mind should it ever happen again and you want to make another claim...

I say hand it to the boss lady and let her dicide. Wimmims knows best.

Victoria":27rg4vax said:
I wouldn't claim and take money for something unless I was going to use the money to fix what I claimed.

Jeez :shock: Actually getting the truck fixed was only a after thought. :( :oops:

Outrigger2":3kzxbbb1 said:
Jogeephus":3kzxbbb1 said:
Down payment on night vision gogles and a belt-fed weapon. :lol:

just what i was thinking :D :D

:shock: Would this better my odds for getting a trophy Muley? :devil2:

Victoria":x1utpjps said:
I wouldn't claim and take money for something unless I was going to use the money to fix what I claimed.

Why not? Isn't that what you pay the insurance company for?:

To assume the risk?

hillsdown":1ncrhmpz said:
Most insurance companies don't hand over a cheque any more.They pay the place that you get the repairs done at.

They do here. My State Farm Claims Service Center is a drive through.

15 minutes later I drive off with a check. ;-)

State Farm cut me an $1,800.00 check on the spot also, said get it fixed where ever you want, have a nice day. I forgot what I did with the money, but I did not get the hail damage fixed. I could care less about a few dents on my truck. Don't feel guilty at all, not one bit. I just got some of MY money back that I have been paying them the last 30 years :banana: :lol:

MikeC":2kx3usww said:
Victoria":2kx3usww said:

Why not? Isn't that what you pay the insurance company for?:

To assume the risk?

I pay an insurance company so that if there is damage to my vehicle I can get my vehicle fixed. I do not pay them so that if there is damage to my vehicle I can collect and go shopping. When insurance companies pay out money it is with the expectation that you will use it to fix your vehicle. If you aren't going to fix your vehicle then you should show up and tell them that you are planning to use it to shop, hunt, vacation, whatever. Otherwise it is dishonest.
Here I even think they consider it fraud. The same thing happens here that hillsdown said most insurance companies will only pay a repair center, not an individual in this area anymore.
Everytime someone makes a claim insurance goes up. So, I woudln't make a claim unless I actually needed the vehicle fixed.

mnmtranching":22lcvagn said:
Outrigger2":22lcvagn said:
Jogeephus":22lcvagn said:
Down payment on night vision gogles and a belt-fed weapon. :lol:

just what i was thinking :D :D

:shock: Would this better my odds for getting a trophy Muley? :devil2:

I think it would open a whole new dimension to hunting and home protection. :lol: :lol:

Victoria, What ever you may think, insurance companies are not your friends. For instance the settlement on my truck. It's to the insurance companies advantage if I don't get the truck fixed.

Why you say? OK, example. 1st of all it's all pro rated-payment is based on the value of the vehicle, miles, year, etc.

Say I don't get the truck fixed, 2 years from now I hit ice, roll the pickup. My truck is 2 years older another 50,000 miles on it. It's totaled. I go to the insurance agency, and guess what? That $2800 something check I got is first of all taken off, cause I don't have a receipt. The The insurance co will pay the balance and it won't be much.

Besides, if the claim is over a certain amount [I think $2000] You go on higher risk, making your premium payment more until you pay back the insurance co for your claim. Really!

I just talked to my husband and he told me that here it is only fraud if you don't get it fixed and the vehicle is leased, it doesn't count if the vehicle is owned.

Also, I have always thought of insurance as money to fix the damage but as he pointed out it is money for compensation of the vehicle depreciation. So I do see that point. I still wouldn't claim if I wasn't going to fix it, insurance is already too high as it is. :(