another great year at the patch

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
Been busy lately and it's finally slowing down. Here are a few pics from the patch
IMG_0240_1.jpg

IMG_0250_1.jpg

IMG_0248_1.jpg

IMG_0255_1.jpg

IMG_0226_1.jpg

My Indian corn got 1st,2nd,3rd, and 5th at the big fair. The dark ear was 14.5" long.I sold it for $10 to a seed guy for display. I have more at home like that.

IMG_0256_1.jpg

This map has pins where all my guests are from. Right now we have 25 states and 3 countries: Germany, Romania, and Brazil

I am jealous. I did't get enough water this summer for my patch and I finally turned the animals loose on it. I have found a vine growing out in the pasture where the the animals pooped out the seeds. Too little too late. :x

Its always nice to see your pumpkins and produce. Ya'll do a good job and it looks like you are making a good name for yourself with all the people coming to see/buy the fruits of your labor. :tiphat:

Did you ever get a fair shake on the tax treatment you were talking about last year or are they still taxing it like it is not a crop?

IMG_8538_1.jpg

It turned out good, Jo. This is a pic of the Gov and my daughter. My parents happened to host the Gov. Annual Pheasant Hunt last year and I thanked him personally for rescinding the tax. It's funny b/c my parents are very staunch Republicans and he's a liberal Dem. HA!

Latest posts