Another great is now gone...

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
My 89 yr old uncle passed away this morning at 6. Hard worker, family man and all around great guy. WW2 vet, 2 purple hearts, 2 Bronze Stars. Survived Normandy, Metz, Saarlautern, Saarbruken, the Bulge and dozens of other battles. Still had slivers of shrapnel from a German 88 working its way out of his body as late as last week as it had for the last 70 years. He never complained just kept plowing ahead.

I will miss my Uncle Walter. May he rest in peace.

Words seem so inadequate to express my thoughts toward your Uncle Walter. America owes your uncle a huge debt of gratitude. There is no way we could ever repay him for his service. Every citizen today needs to be vigilant in guarding and preserving the freedoms and values he defended for us.

A huge :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: to Uncle Walter.

Sorry for your loss Hoss. It is sad seeing all the WW2 vets going away this is a better place because of each and every one of them.

Condolences Hoss. They were the best. I still see a vet about every other week at the nursing home. He's sharp as a tack. No one comes to see him much. He does not talk about his experiences over there. Doesn't want to remember anything it seems.

Be glad he was a part of your life for as long as he was. You are a better person because of people like him.

backhoeboogie":3cngsd1h said:
Condolences Hoss. They were the best. I still see a vet about every other week at the nursing home. He's sharp as a tack. No one comes to see him much. He does not talk about his experiences over there. Doesn't want to remember anything it seems.

Be glad he was a part of your life for as long as he was. You are a better person because of people like him.
We all are.

Sorry for your loss Hoss.

I appreciate the prayers and condolences. The VFW is going to send a full honor guard and perform a rifle salute. In 44 he was sent home straight from the front when my aunt was close to death. My mom said his pants were blood stained to the knees from where he had jumped into fox holes knee deep in blood. PTSD is a big deal these days but these guys either hid it well or were mentally tough enough to cope.

Sorry to read about your loss. Cherish your special memories of him. He was a member of the greatest generation. They are leaving us fast. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Words are a small attempt at recognizing a real man. Not many of the goods ones left. May God lay a peaceful heart on you and your family.

John SD":2a5adou4 said:
Words seem so inadequate to express my thoughts toward your Uncle Walter. America owes your uncle a huge debt of gratitude. There is no way we could ever repay him for his service. Every citizen today needs to be vigilant in guarding and preserving the freedoms and values he defended for us.

A huge :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: to Uncle Walter.
Say it again..

We all lost a good one there. Sorry you had a face and a name to make it personal. We need a bunch like him (and you) in this world.

Latest posts