Another Christmas that started off on a sour note..

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Compared to CB's and Rafter's mine was a minor irritant.

The good news is, I got a feral hog on Christmas Day.

Bad news is, I got him with my wife's car:

We had gotten about 5 miles from the house & were on our way to Baytown for our family gathering (about an hour away), and the sucker ran out from behind a truck that was coming from the other direction. I never saw him till he was right 'there'. Car was driveable, the liquid running out was windshield washer fluid, so we doubled back got my truck, called in the claim to my insurance and finished out the day. He must have been wallowing all morning, from all the mud on the front of the car.
I am definitely in the doghouse tho--according to my wife, it wouldn't have happened if she had been driving, because she drives lots faster than I do, and we would have been a couple miles on down the road when it ran out on the highway.
A woman's logic... :bang:

greybeard":4sd8dxzl said:
Compared to CB's and Rafter's mine was a minor irritant.

The good news is, I got a feral hog on Christmas Day.

Bad news is, I got him with my wife's car:

We had gotten about 5 miles from the house & were on our way to Baytown for our family gathering (about an hour away), and the sucker ran out from behind a truck that was coming from the other direction. I never saw him till he was right 'there'. Car was driveable, the liquid running out was windshield washer fluid, so we doubled back got my truck, called in the claim to my insurance and finished out the day. He must have been wallowing all morning, from all the mud on the front of the car.
I am definitely in the doghouse tho--according to my wife, it wouldn't have happened if she had been driving, because she drives lots faster than I do, and we would have been a couple miles on down the road when it ran out on the highway.
A woman's logic... :bang:

Greybeard; :lol: :lol: and I have to agree with you even though I am a female....I can't quite go that logic.... :???: :? :? Oh well, it is just metal, no one was hurt, that is why we pay ridiculous insurance rates, and from the Christmas dinner post looks like you didn't miss a thing being a little late. And one less to deal with although from what I have seen they are getting more numerous. Never realized that they were so bad until a trip to the smoky nat. park and on one tour years ago they showed an area that was fenced to keep them out to preserve some plants and pictures of the damage they do. Thank God they aren't up here, at least for now.

Got one 3 years ago in my wifes corolla. Knocked a dent in the tranmission pan and tore the bottom up. We went right over it. Luckily insurance was only a $500 deductable.

kenny thomas":kpoegve0 said:
Of course it's your fault, isn't it always?

You got that right!! A couple weeks ago the wife backed her car into my truck in the driveway. I heard the crunch inside the house and when I went out to see what happened, the first thing out of her mouth was "why the he'll did you park there". I replied, Uhm, its the driveway and I always park there and walked back into the house.

I hit a big raccoon last winter and did almost that much damage to my car. They just don't make cars as sturdy as they use to.

Dave":90le1j2f said:
I hit a big raccoon last winter and did almost that much damage to my car. They just don't make cars as sturdy as they use to.
No they don't, tho the actual structural damage today is much less than in decades old vehicles. As far as I can tell, all the damage is to plastic parts.
I'm just glad the dang air bag didn't deploy.
Wife has had 3 'at fault' accidents in the last 5 years--each causing premium increases and has been gloating the last few days that I finally had an accident claim on our insurance. The insurance called yesterday, and told her this one was 'no fault' because an animal caused it and the premiums would not increase. She's miffed about it. :bang:
(She's had 4, if I count the time she backed my almost new (at the time) truck into a pine tree here crunching the back bumper, but I straightened that myself.)

greybeard":2ouo611e said:
Dave":2ouo611e said:
No they don't, tho the actual structural damage today is much less than in decades old vehicles. As far as I can tell, all the damage is to plastic parts.
I'm just glad the dang air bag didn't deploy.
Wife has had 3 'at fault' accidents in the last 5 years--each causing premium increases and has been gloating the last few days that I finally had an accident claim on our insurance. The insurance called yesterday, and told her this one was 'no fault' because an animal caused it and the premiums would not increase. She's miffed about it. :bang:
(She's had 4, if I count the time she backed my almost new (at the time) truck into a pine tree here crunching the back bumper, but I straightened that myself.)
I was just about to say, that car held up pretty good! Usually, whether truck or car, if they have hit an animal seems to do major damage. Glad y'all were ok.

I really want to go wild hog hunting, but on someone else's land of course. I don't need those suckers out here.

I ran over a black bear with my truck and trailer once.. it was BRAND new pavement at midnight.. you dont' see a black bear on that until you're 20 feet away.. bounced around a little, dinged up the bumper, but nothing serious.. was doing about 60 mph
Hit a grouse once in my sportscar doing about 110mph... I there were feathers EVERYWHERE.. and as it hit the exhaust, it smelled like roast chicken in the car!

Dave":3rjismv3 said:

:nod: Hit a jack rabbit in mine last summer doing 55 and it split the plastic bumper. Couldn't believe it.

Latest posts