Angus sourced calves or Certified Angus Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

scvfd_7241

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone operating a backgrounding or feedlot have bought or sold cattle as Angus sourced or certified Angus beef. I have read where doing so is supposed to make you more money on each calf, but I have not been able to get any information on how to market these cattle and such. Any information would be great. As I am looking into starting a backgrounding lot.

I understand that the cab is after being butchered. But how would I raise calves to sell and to who would I sell to, in order to have my cattle bought to be slaughtered as cab.

scvfd_7241":1nf01grr said:
I understand that the cab is after being butchered. But how would I raise calves to sell and to who would I sell to, in order to have my cattle bought to be slaughtered as cab.

CAB has to do with the yield and grade of the animal. They have to be black hided cattle. Or at least the majority of the animals hide has to be black. But it is really the finish of the animal which qualifies it to be CAB. You can buy critters with a lot of carcass quality in their breeding but the truth is some will make CAB and some wont.

Latest posts