Angus Breeders.... HELP!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Ok here is what has happened. A gentleman from Wyoming has donated 10 staws of semen for the fund raiser I am in charge of, I could not find this bull on the AAA. I am wondering if any of you know this bull. I am also concerned I might have gotten the name wrong. Here is what I have:
SNV 8180 Travaler 004
Did I get the name wrong?

I luv herfrds":2xxzlhyt said:
Ok here is what has happened. A gentleman from Wyoming has donated 10 staws of semen for the fund raiser I am in charge of, I could not find this bull on the AAA. I am wondering if any of you know this bull. I am also concerned I might have gotten the name wrong. Here is what I have:
SNV 8180 Travaler 004
Did I get the name wrong?

Maybe SAV 8180 Traveler 004? There should be a code on the straw. The GENEX code for SAV 8180 Traveler 004 is 1AN1064 and his AAA reg # is 13512009.

To be sure, you probably should call the gentleman from Wyoming.

Thanks Frankie. I had written down A and changed it to an N and I don't know why.
Yes I cleaned out my ears.
Whew I was sweating there. I bet the angus guys up here will go crazy for it. :lol: :oops:

I luv herfrds":2fgzauuz said:
Thanks Frankie. I had written down A and changed it to an N and I don't know why.
Yes I cleaned out my ears.
Whew I was sweating there. I bet the angus guys up here will go crazy for it. :lol: :oops:

You never know about auctions. As far as I know, 004 is still available through GENEX. But I've seen people pay two, three times that at an auction. Of course, it's generally for a good cause, not just the semen. :)

Actually he's not getting as much interest among the EPD chasers down here in Texas as he once was. It seems his carcass data didn't pan out as well as expected. production numbers are great and he passes along tremendous muscle and volume. He's sired a lot of great show heifers. Look up past Champion Hill Sales (Ohio) the good ones bring a lot.

Traveler 004 was the #1 used angus bull in 2007
#3 In Focus
#4 New Design 878
#8 Lead On

According to semen sales.

Latest posts