Angus and Hereford Diet

Help Support CattleToday:

I just ran down to the pasture and took a poll the Herefords said they like grass the Brangus also close as I got to Angus.
Man thats a relief thought I might have to sell the whole bunch if they wanted that sack stuff. That stuff is as bad as crack cocaine dealers in every town trying to sell it.

Campground Cattle":35psusnq said:
I just ran down to the pasture and took a poll the Herefords said they like grass the Brangus also close as I got to Angus.

:lol:

Arnold was right when I was talking about a cheap feed source. For me, we raise corn that's about $2.20/bu. and it costs around $.22/bu to truck it off the farm. That means I'm feeding $1.98 corn which would be around $3.54/cwt.

Sorry for the confusion.

ChrisB":3mw8jaqx said:

Arnold was right when I was talking about a cheap feed source. For me, we raise corn that's about $2.20/bu. and it costs around $.22/bu to truck it off the farm. That means I'm feeding $1.98 corn which would be around $3.54/cwt.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dang..I knew it! :lol: :lol:

I say do what works, and turns a buck. Your advice is as good as mine or any others here! ;-)

Texan":168bxkmn said:
1848":168bxkmn said:
.......I still wouldn't fatten "my culls" (which is the way I read his post, instead of buying and reselling) to stick them in the sell barn. ;-)
You mean, not if you could stick them in Flaboy, as is?

Easy Tex! :lol: :lol: :lol: besides mine are still pretty! :D

By the time you decide a cow is a cull, you should know the factors that will affect the culling of this animal. With this in mind a good rancher will play these factors, to get more bang for his buck. Most ranchers with established programs, do not over-run theyre pastures, and know the prime time to cull theyre animals, when the market is right. At this point feeding is always a determining factor for commercial breeders and for terminal operations. It is how they survive!

Latest posts