And Now...............

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
My favorite brand of peanut butter is tryin to kill me!
What is the world comin to?

All kiddin aside, this stuff is dangerous. 370 reported cases of salmonella poisioning across 42 states.
Not only was it in jars, but also found in icecream and milkshakes.

Sure gonna miss my pb&j sammiches. :shock:

We have two jars (1 plain & 1/w honey) with them numbers on them that were listed. Both are about half empty and I ain't dead yet.Z

I've ate two jars of Great Value peanut butter with the 2111 stamped on the top...and i'm just feeling just fine

MillIronQH":2i4ya66r said:
We have two jars (1 plain & 1/w honey) with them numbers on them that were listed. Both are about half empty and I ain't dead yet.Z

While I didn't dig through the trash, I had just polished off a jar, when I first heard the news. :shock:

warpaint":2gr7flo7 said:
MillIronQH":2gr7flo7 said:

While I didn't dig through the trash, I had just polished off a jar, when I first heard the news. :shock:

I'd think if your still standing and not feeling ill. you will be OK. If you like PB so much can't you just buy another brand...do you have Sun Pack? over there, I like the smooth but nearly killed myself on it once, took a spoonful on a dry throat, and it got lodged in the back of my throat wouldn't go down, or come up, my friend who was with me poured milk down my throat and her finger dislodged it, thankfully she was there and was quick thinking, least to say I have never done that again. on bread and butter, or cream crackers only now.

chrisy":20udbht5 said:
. on bread and butter, or cream crackers only now.

O K I give up.....what are cream crackers?

Are they regular saltines, or maybe what we call club crackers? Smallish squares with kinda a sweet taste to them?

FDA:
FDA has learned that the ConAgra plant in Sylvester, GA, sent bulk Peter Pan peanut butter to its plant in Humboldt, TN. The three brands described below are part of the original Peter Pan recall. These brands have been recalled and are no longer being sold. However, some consumers may still have these products in their home.

Consumers who have any of the products listed below should discard them. Individuals who are not sure if the purchased product contains the recalled peanut butter topping should contact the store where the product was purchased.

The bulk peanut butter was used to make the following toppings:

Sonic Brand Ready-To-Use Peanut Butter Topping in 6 lb. 10.5 oz cans. Sonic outlets used the topping until 2/16/07, when the product was recalled.
The topping was used in the following Sonic products:
- Peanut Butter Shake
- Peanut Butter Fudge Shake
- Peanut Butter Sundae
- Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae
Carvel Peanut Butter Topping in 6 lb. 10 oz. cans. Carvel used the topping until 2/16/07, when the product was recalled.
The topping was used in the following Carvel ice cream products:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Treasure
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae Dasher
- Any other customized products containing the Peanut Butter Topping, including peanut butter flavored ice cream in ice cream cakes
J. Hungerford Smith Peanut Butter Dessert Topping in 6 lb. 10 oz. cans: This topping may be used by retail and restaurant outlets throughout the United States but is not available for direct purchase by the public.
Recall Status and More Information

ConAgra informed the public that it is recalling all Peter Pan peanut butter and all Great Value peanut butter beginning with product code 2111. The company's recall extends to products made since December 2005. FDA's advice to consumers continues to be not to eat any Peter Pan peanut butter or any Great Value peanut butter beginning with the 2111 product code.

FDA will provide updates on recalled products, including any other products that may have been made with potentially contaminated peanut butter and distributed to consumers.

Symptoms of foodborne illness caused by Salmonella include fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. In persons with poor underlying health or weakened immune systems, Salmonella can invade the bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections or death. Individuals who have recently eaten peanut butter-containing products from these companies and who have experienced any of these symptoms should contact their doctor or health care provider immediately and report the illnesses to their state or local health authorities. Similarly, institutional food establishments and other food service providers who have received reports of illness from consumers after they consumed a product containing this peanut butter are encouraged to share that information with their local health department.

FDA is continuing to work closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and with states and local officials to identify how the contamination occurred in order to prevent similar foodborne illness outbreaks.

eric":27unfo2d said:
chrisy":27unfo2d said:

Are they regular saltines, or maybe what we call club crackers? Smallish squares with kinda a sweet taste to them?

A cream cracker is a flat, usually square savoury biscuit. They are similar to a matzo although typically they are thicker and approximately 8 cm square. They are made from wheat flour and yeast, and are commonly served with cheese or other savoury topping such as Marmite or Vegemite. They are also very good just with butter or margarine or even au naturel. They are highly popular in the United Kingdom. The most famous cream cracker manufacturer is Jacob's. Each Jacob's cracker contains 34 kcal. Wallace from Wallace and Gromet eats them with cheese in his shows.
creamcrackers.jpg
this what the product packaging looks like, hope that helps.

chrisy":11ju7o1b said:
eric":11ju7o1b said:
chrisy":11ju7o1b said:

A cream cracker is a flat, usually square savoury biscuit. They are similar to a matzo although typically they are thicker and approximately 8 cm square. They are made from wheat flour and yeast, and are commonly served with cheese or other savoury topping such as Marmite or Vegemite. They are also very good just with butter or margarine or even au naturel. They are highly popular in the United Kingdom. The most famous cream cracker manufacturer is Jacob's. Each Jacob's cracker contains 34 kcal. Wallace from Wallace and Gromet eats them with cheese in his shows.
creamcrackers.jpg

34 kcal? I read that as 34,000 calories. Surely not right. I bet they'd be good with Philadelphia cream cheese on top!!

john250":onor7v3s said:
chrisy":onor7v3s said:
eric":onor7v3s said:
chrisy":onor7v3s said:

creamcrackers.jpg

34 kcal? I read that as 34,000 calories. Surely not right. I bet they'd be good with Philadelphia cream cheese on top!![/quote

no, they are 34 Cals a biscuit, and yes they are good with phily. Calories here are either measured in kcals or kjoules. I know I'm weird, as I like them with jam and squirty cream, they taste like a jam tart then, but with a crispy crunch and not so many cals.

Z...we don't get Peter Pan peanut butter here.

Dern... No PPPB... No cornbread...No crayfish....No Grits... I never realized Britain was so deprived of all the good stuff. We are definately going to have to make up a BIG care package for you. :nod: :santa: Z

MillIronQH":dcqpfkhc said:

Dern... No PPPB... No cornbread...No crayfish....No Grits... I never realized Britain was so deprived of all the good stuff. We are definately going to have to make up a BIG care package for you. :nod: :santa: Z

One thing I wished we did get here is CORNBREAD, I really like it, and I can't even get the ingredients to make it, my cousin sent me a few recipes, I have even looked on the internet to see if I could order the dry mix packets, but they wont ship them here. :cry: :( I bought some grits home with me when I was out last year, I found out we do have crayfish, called by another name but I don't like it.

chrisy":1m5ra6te said:
john250":1m5ra6te said:
eric":1m5ra6te said:

creamcrackers.jpg

34 kcal? I read that as 34,000 calories. Surely not right. I bet they'd be good with Philadelphia cream cheese on top!![/quote

no, they are 34 Cals a biscuit, and yes they are good with phily. Calories here are either measured in kcals or kjoules. I know I'm weird, as I like them with jam and squirty cream, they taste like a jam tart then, but with a crispy crunch and not so many cals.

"squirty cream" Would that be what I know as "whipped cream"
in a can?

john250":1fcje1pv said:
chrisy":1fcje1pv said:
john250":1fcje1pv said:
eric":1fcje1pv said:

creamcrackers.jpg

"squirty cream" Would that be what I know as "whipped cream"
in a can?

it most certainly would. ;-)

Latest posts