Ammo

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was gonna target shoot some this sunday but after seeing this i better save my rounds.
2013-01-18_19-46-03_645.jpg

ResizedImage_1358556452498.jpg

I never thought it was this bad. Today a couple of friends stoped by and wanted to borrow some 22 long rifle bullets. They went to town and the Wal-mart didn't have any and neither did the 2 hardware stores. These are 2 older retired guys that try to go coon hunting every night. This gun control crap has already gone to far.

skyhightree1":zilc38kr said:
I was gonna target shoot some this sunday but after seeing this i better save my rounds.
2013-01-18_19-46-03_645.jpg

ResizedImage_1358556452498.jpg

I got the answer skyhightree, just buy a 32 auto. I would bet you can always find ammo. :nod:

skyhightree1":21sew1t6 said:
I agree with you on that. I just don't understand why everyone ran out and bought ammo.

Cause if the SHTF you don't need another gun, you need ammo.
A pistol without ammo is a rock and a long gun is a stick.

Edit A lot of Americans think we have a fight coming.

Kenny you are correct maybe I should find one at the next gun show lol... Caustic you are right but geez I am just in shock I guess I mean dag I can't even find anymore .17hmr hornadys I had put on a new scope and sighted it in and had 5 bullets left and wanted another box and it looks like I will have to make all 5 of them count. There is a ton of bird shot buckshot and .270 30/06 300 are all in abundance everything else is gone.

Caustic Burno":2eg6a0jd said:
skyhightree1":2eg6a0jd said:
I agree with you on that. I just don't understand why everyone ran out and bought ammo.

What kind of fight are they expecting and with who ?

skyhightree1":kh8rduao said:
Kenny you are correct maybe I should find one at the next gun show lol... Caustic you are right but geez I am just in shock I guess I mean dag I can't even find anymore .17hmr hornadys I had put on a new scope and sighted it in and had 5 bullets left and wanted another box and it looks like I will have to make all 5 of them count. There is a ton of bird shot buckshot and .270 30/06 300 are all in abundance everything else is gone.

That is the bad thing about rim fire no reloading, if it is done I have never met anyone that has done it.
If I shoot it I reloaded it except the rimfire's.

skyhightree1":lxf3rmrw said:
Caustic Burno":lxf3rmrw said:
skyhightree1":lxf3rmrw said:

What kind of fight are they expecting and with who ?

This is a very divided country right now. Anyone that thinks that is not has their head stuck in the sand.
People are afraid of our government.

I can appreciate that and do know the country is divided but I am so hoping its not for the reason i suspect it is and yea too much gov't in our lives is the truth. Do your shelves look like ours here?

There's a gun shop not 2 miles from my house. He's either out, backordered or low on everything except scattergun shells, but still has a buttload of 7.62x54r E. European import it looked like. I haven't been to any of the places like Academy or Gander Mountain, but may tomorrow..I need some 7.62x39.

Caustic Burno":2o3cjqzt said:
skyhightree1":2o3cjqzt said:

That is the bad thing about rim fire no reloading, if it is done I have never met anyone that has done it.
If I shoot it I reloaded it except the rimfire's.
Back in the late 50s early 60s a guy came up with a method of reloading them. He had a device he sold that spun the empty cases so that the liquid priming compound gut spun into the rim. Friend of mine tried it, was a waste of money. He had more misfires then fires.

greybeard":ua54pwzp said:
There's a gun shop not 2 miles from my house. He's either out, backordered or low on everything except scattergun shells, but still has a buttload of 7.62x54r E. European import it looked like. I haven't been to any of the places like Academy or Gander Mountain, but may tomorrow..I need some 7.62x39.

I am good on 7.62 x 39 I ordered 3 cans about 2 years ago and it came in a oversized sardine cane that came with a tool to cut it. I never counted but I think I have about 1500 rounds of that left. I ordered it from sportsmans guide I think.

skyhightree1":3awbib16 said:
I don't trust myself to reload but after this bs i may have to start

It is simple with a good press just follow the recipe.
Really lower's your cost if you like to shoot . My average reload cost on a box of 45 ACP or 44 Mag is about 7 bucks.

wow. thats awesome what is the typical start up cost to do that ? I would want to reload .40 .357 .45 .270 thats what I shoot the most.

skyhightree1":1keqqa81 said:
hooknline you gotta be kidding me ? That too ?

Depends who ya listen to and which side of the creek they're standing on I guess.
You can go in any store that sells guns and ammo and find whatever you want and not stand in line.
:roll: :roll:

Caustic Burno":3foceera said:
skyhightree1":3foceera said:
I don't trust myself to reload but after this bs i may have to start

It is simple with a good press just follow the recipe.
Really lower's your cost if you like to shoot . My average reload cost on a box of 45 ACP or 44 Mag is about 7 bucks.
You used to could pick up old wheel weights fro free from tire shops and cast you're own. If you can find them cheap enough you can lower those costs even more. The projectile is the pricey part after you get the brass.