Am I missing something here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1ia8b8qj said:
You know, we joke about this but in all seriousness if we continue to move the moral line in the sand where do these politically correct compromises lead us as a nation?
Agree 100%. Where does it end? Is there such a thing as morals any more? Don't we just do what feels good at the moment? I was taught to be honest, make your own way and rely on no one but yourself, manage your money, do what is morally right even if the wrong thing would benefit you more, dont lie, cheat, steal, or kill....
Today our politicians lie to our faces and we know it, they cheat the system at every turn to benefit themselves, they have stolen our freedom and want to kill our will to be free. They preach that what was right our whole lives is actually wrong, and what was wrong is right. They want a citizenry that is solely reliant on the government and incapable of surviving without it. It amazes me that in the "information age" we have the highest number of uninformed voters. It's our own dam fault. Conservatives didn't even show up to vote. I am a firm believer that a small movement can change the world. Just 20 years ago none of us would have dreamed that we would be legalizing gay marriage. If each of us reading this determined today to make a point to speak out, to encourage our conservative friends and neighbors to just VOTE! We can take our country back! We must turn out in 2014, and again in 2016, for our children and our grand children we must turn out and vote! I pledge right now on March 29, 2013 at 12:05AM to personally find 20 non voting conservative minded people and get them to vote in 2014 and 2016. I will also find 20 friends and family members to do the same. Im going to start a conservative voting movement. I may be the only one in my movement but I will be able to look my children in the eye and tell them I did more than just complain and cast one measly vote. Join me?

Isomade":4r7cxq49 said:
Jogeephus":4r7cxq49 said:
You know, we joke about this but in all seriousness if we continue to move the moral line in the sand where do these politically correct compromises lead us as a nation?
Agree 100%. Where does it end? Is there such a thing as morals any more? Don't we just do what feels good at the moment? I was taught to be honest, make your own way and rely on no one but yourself, manage your money, do what is morally right even if the wrong thing would benefit you more, dont lie, cheat, steal, or kill....
Today our politicians lie to our faces and we know it, they cheat the system at every turn to benefit themselves, they have stolen our freedom and want to kill our will to be free. They preach that what was right our whole lives is actually wrong, and what was wrong is right. They want a citizenry that is solely reliant on the government and incapable of surviving without it. It amazes me that in the "information age" we have the highest number of uninformed voters. It's our own dam fault. Conservatives didn't even show up to vote. I am a firm believer that a small movement can change the world. Just 20 years ago none of us would have dreamed that we would be legalizing gay marriage. If each of us reading this determined today to make a point to speak out, to encourage our conservative friends and neighbors to just VOTE! We can take our country back! We must turn out in 2014, and again in 2016, for our children and our grand children we must turn out and vote! I pledge right now on March 29, 2013 at 12:05AM to personally find 20 non voting conservative minded people and get them to vote in 2014 and 2016. I will also find 20 friends and family members to do the same. Im going to start a conservative voting movement. I may be the only one in my movement but I will be able to look my children in the eye and tell them I did more than just complain and cast one measly vote. Join me?

Well, I guess I better ask before you do, Anyone on here not vote in 2012? If so, just send me a PM and I'll add you to my list. I've already got my dog Spot and my deceased aunt signed up for early voting. Oh wait, you said conservative. I think its only legal for them to vote liberal.

I was thinking about this today. We get all caught up in so much can we stuff, that we often don't think about should we. The backwardness of our information age is staggering. Throw enough information out there and we lose site of the initial building blocks. So often in the past, learning about various complex things that wasn't clicking right away would suddenly be crystal clear if I knew the history of how we got there. A small tidbit could make it all click.

So how does this apply here? Why do you think the institution of marriage was created in the first place?

Was it for love? Was it so someone wouldn't be lonely in old age? Was it so life was so much easier or fuller?
Your taking two lives that are very different and craming them into one direction. There is nothing easy about it. Who knows if one of you is going to die before you're 50. Love can come and go.

So to find the function of a marriage, I look at what is hurt most when a marriage breaks apart. It isn't the man or women, it is the kids. A man or a woman can find someone else to fill the role and be just if not more happy or maybe even be happier without the role being replaced. But the kids can't fill the role of either parent so easily. They can to a degree, but there is almost always some damage there.

Therefore, I believe that the design of marriage was for the protection and nuturing of the child. It was meant to be life long. It was not intended to be easily broken. It is NOT about love.

I was going to end my soap box speach right there, but then this hit me. Why do you think so many marriages fail?

I think it is because people go out and get married because they ARE in love. It is when this honey moon period wears off, you have to live with the person. I think it is why there are so many warnings about mariage- Don't be unequally yoked. It doesn't say, do you love him. It isn't about love.

That's all my deep thoughts for the day.

Commercialfarmer":34r8glik said:
So how does this apply here? Why do you think the institution of marriage was created in the first place?

Was it for love? Was it so someone wouldn't be lonely in old age? Was it so life was so much easier or fuller?
Your taking two lives that are very different and craming them into one direction. There is nothing easy about it. Who knows if one of you is going to die before you're 50. Love can come and go.

So to find the function of a marriage, I look at what is hurt most when a marriage breaks apart. It isn't the man or women, it is the kids. A man or a woman can find someone else to fill the role and be just if not more happy or maybe even be happier without the role being replaced. But the kids can't fill the role of either parent so easily. They can to a degree, but there is almost always some damage there.

Therefore, I believe that the design of marriage was for the protection and nuturing of the child. It was meant to be life long. It was not intended to be easily broken. It is NOT about love.

I was going to end my soap box speach right there, but then this hit me. Why do you think so many marriages fail?

I think it is because people go out and get married because they ARE in love. It is when this honey moon period wears off, you have to live with the person. I think it is why there are so many warnings about mariage- Don't be unequally yoked. It doesn't say, do you love him. It isn't about love.

That's all my deep thoughts for the day.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Larry

In my daily life I deal with loggers, sawmillers, coalminers, and cattlemen. I don't see too many homosexuals on a daily basis! I do worry about how much of this gay crap my kids see on TV. IMO there is way more homosexuality on TV than in the real world.
I wish Isomade was right..and we could "do the right thing" at the polls, but I really think the TAKERS outnumber the MAKERS in this country and now we have a very hard "row to hoe".

Isomade, you have some hope and fight I'll give you that. I did all of what your thinking in the last election and more. My thinking was if we don't get the liberals out in 2012, we won't ever see a conservative POTUS again. And I still feel the same way today. The only way anything is going to change is by fighting for it, because we will never out vote them in the election, because it's rigged in their favor. Do what you want and as much as you can Isomade, but we are now the minority in this country. Good Luck, and buy more ammo.

Beaufort, N.C.

Jan. 17, 2013

TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and "so-called" conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don't know the exact statistics, but I'm quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I'd say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that's just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don't want to get crank calls.

My wife's first cousin is a homosexual. My gaydar doesn't even go off when I'm around him and if you met him I doubt yours would either. What is interesting is his next door neighbor is a pedophile who preys on young boys. What's even more interesting is the fact that in this general area there is a cluster of homosexuals that far outnumbers the average you'd expect in most communities. Since I'm not a big believer of coincidences I can't help but think he is the reason so many boys/young men in that area have become homosexuals. This piece of dirt has been arrested and convicted many times over the sixty some odd years he has blighted our landscape and they have just released him again from jail for I think the sixth time. With this in mind, I cannot help but think it will be detrimental to young children who will be raised in households that embrace this type lifestyle.

Before someone paints me as a bigot, I will say I do believe there are those rare cases where one is born homosexual due to some mishap during development but in general I believe it is a result of one's choice. After all, we are all born into sin and it is our choices and our environment which determines the type person we become.

Jo,

I want you to read this very carefully.

By definition, all pedophiles are homosexuals, but not all homosexuals are pedophiles.
Research, NAMBLA. ( North American Man/Boy Love Association )

Pete

P & H cattle":b75difup said:
Jo,

By definition, all pedophiles are homosexuals, but not all homosexuals are pedophiles.

Pete
So the woman school teacher that had a kid with one of her students is queer? Is that your contention?

Ryder":3eppoe5s said:
If a furener married a US born sheep, could he/she then get a green card or whatever kind of card?

An "Anchor Baby" would certainly help their cause....then they could bring the whole "flock" across the border. :lol2: :lol2:

P & H cattle":2nhw7eel said:
Jo,

Pete

Wrong again Peter. A pedophile is simply an older person who is sexually attracted to young children. He may or may not be a homosexual. Many a young person has been sexually assaulted by straight people as well.

dun":3jwikxvr said:
P & H cattle":3jwikxvr said:
Jo,

Pete
So the woman school teacher that had a kid with one of her students is queer? Is that your contention?

Well let's see, this morning I had the last post in a locked thread and then I started a thread that vanished. So this is what I have to say to the above quotes...... :secret: :secret: :secret:

Dun,
Could be.
It all depends on that particular state laws.
You would have to find the definition of child and minor in their criminal code as will as the definition of pedophile.
Or it could not be as NAMBLA has made great headway in lowering the ages of both a minor and a child in many states.
Pete

So where does it end ?
Legalize gay marriage, then what, old men and children getting married ?
If two ol boys want to get in bed and cornhole one another that's between them, but don't expect the rest of the world to justfy it and legitimize it by legalizing gay marriage.
On the pedofile thing if your morals and sexual orientation attracts you to your same sex then I don't trust that you would not be attracted to a child.
It's the degradation of morals that will be our ruin.
Chipping away piece by piece

Also you want threaten me for my opinion and throw down a challenge, I'm your huckleberry

cross_7":3rj4vdwq said:
So where does it end ?
Legalize gay marriage, then what, old men and children getting married ?
If two ol boys want to get in bed and cornhole one another that's between them, but don't expect the rest of the world to justfy it and legitimize it by legalizing gay marriage.
On the pedofile thing if your morals and sexual orientation attracts you to your same sex then I don't trust that you would not be attracted to a child.
It's the degradation of morals that will be our ruin.
Chipping away piece by piece

Also you want threaten me for my opinion and throw down a challenge, I'm your huckleberry
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Starting to think this might be a day the mods work a little extra. Smelling another lock down.

dun":2y4p6pn4 said:

A hundred years ago when I was in school that would have been called "gettin' lucky". :nod:

I found my first two today. Been visiting with them and they are going with me to vote in the 2014 mid-terms. One of them has joined me in the challenge and he is from a liberal voting state. 18 to go. I'm gonna get a van and personally take all of them that will go with me.