Am I doing something wrong

Help Support CattleToday:

RCP

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of " Jakes wire tighteners" . I bought a big box full, and they do a good job except so far, every one that I have installed is so deformed that it is impossible to reuse or retighten the fence as they advertise. They are a fast fix but a little pricey. I just wonder If my batch was made of weak metal ?? any Ideas? rcp

I have experienced the same thing. I'm guessing that I'm probably tightening a turn or two more than needed. But I have found I can still twist the old bent ones with a screwdriver. They are just to slick to quit using so I'll just keep adding them if I can't use the old one.

ChrisB":g15vy97f said:
I have experienced the same thing. I'm guessing that I'm probably tightening a turn or two more than needed.

BINGO
You can't tighten the fence C sharp tight with them.

Well I like my fence tight, and I thought I must be twisting too much, but man are they fast and the repair is quick. I am trying to invent a fix for the problem, but haven't mastered it yet. If I had three hands it would work
rcp

I absolutely love the Jakes wire tighteners. I haven't had any problems using them at all. I can get my fences pretty tight with them. Maybe it's the operators? :D
And no, I don't know Jake or own any stock in Jakes company.

Latest posts