Almost Weaning Time.

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
2 Weeks from now these girls will enter the next phase of their development. How do they look? Which is your favorite? Mine Changes daily, these are the most consistent set of heifers we have ever had. One twin, one Dud AI and one pretty plain heifer the rest look like these..

Pictures will be uploaded tonight, I apologize for the error.

Crazy thing is it worked for me last night.. I saw the pictures on the forum. I don't like post image because the pictures are smaller. I will try and fix them tonight.

Jscunn

We started weaning on Tuesday I haven't got any photos yet but pretty excited. We have four flush sisters to the lot 40 bred heifer we are selling in the Southeast Classic Sale in the heifer pen. We also have one maternal sister out of Charlo. We were bull heavy this year we steered out some nice calves, but we can't keep them all. Hope all goes well with your weaning, it has sure been loud at the farm.

Gizmom

jscunn":24n50nl4 said:
Crazy thing is it worked for me last night.. I saw the pictures on the forum. I don't like post image because the pictures are smaller. I will try and fix them tonight.

When you upload to Postimg.cc click on "Hotlink for forums" not the "Thumbnail for forums"
Here's a picture I uploaded. Big enough for me!!!

She is a Pays to Believe out of an older Perfector cow - goes back to my Ms Power Lass (donor cow)
Thanks, as I explained in another thread, this is pasture land that has not been tilled since before we moved here in 1978. Has gotten a little fertilizer this year, but rarely gets any. Did put down lime 2 years ago. We mow weeds and reject maybe 2X year. If you have bare ground and control weeds with mowing/grazing, clover & grass will grow here in Upstate NY.

I just typed and downloaded all of this and it wouldnt post.. the condensed version..

724 and 721

js - they all look really nice.
My favorite (by pictures) is the first 701. Then in the last picture (724 & 721) the one on the right, kinda 3/4 view.
Your's are absolutely bald --- and CLEAN compared to mine.

701, 707, 724 are all out of maternal sisters. 706 and 721 are out of sisters to 707 and 724. Had 9 cows out of that cow family that calved this fall, everyone of them had a heifer calf.. 701 is out of the best cow, 721 is the one on the bottom picture with the 3/4 angle she is out of a heifer herself.

Honestly Jeanne I wish they were alittle slicker haired at this point. Florida weather will really slick them off.

Yes breeding is next but I have til December/January to figure out to who.

Jeanne,
I will take that as one heck of a compliment to the heifers. I know the photographer isnt that good.. I think today my favorite is the 706. I put the 721 and 724 across the scales a couple of weeks ago. The 721 heifer weighed 591 (181 days old) and the 724 weighed 570 (163 days old). The 721 is out of a heifer as well.. They are growing really well.

Gimom,
Probably going back to Lucky Boy on the heifers out of the walking bull(721 & 724). The walking bull's weakness is marbling, Lucky Boy should to fix that. Might use Wake up Call on a few of those heifers too. As far as new bulls probably gonna use Deer Valley All In on some cows. Only ever had one calf out of him and he is a stud.. He is gonna weigh over 800 actual when we wean and he is an October calf. Have enough of a bank on Wake and Black Diamond I can use them pretty hard and not have to buy any.

Figured I would show a few bulls. Most will be steers in a couple of weeks.

Deer Valley All In calf (Oct born)

Sydgen Process 4846 Calf (Late Nov Calf)

Sydgen Process 4846 Calf (Late Nov Calf)

CF Liberty 306 Calf (Nov Calf)

Deer Valley All In out of a Sydgen Liberty Daughter. Born October 13, 2017, He weighed 926# today.. Never had one that big.

Latest posts