Almost shot!

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
I was almost shot on saturday by a hunter walking down the dike road. I also was on the dike road walking straight at each other the deer jumped up in between us and they opened up! What the heck? I was aggravated and i sure let them know about it.

Did you shoot back?

That was actually my first instinct. I knew what was happening as i saw the deer so i knew it wasn't an attempted assassination. I was raising my gun to politely put one over the top of them when my brain said "hey thats buckshot in your gun". I lowered my weapon and opened up with my donkey chewer (it was very accurate).

DONKEY CHEWER. I guess my homemade term hasn't made it to your neck of the woods. I have small children and "try" to not teach them any words my wife wouldn't approve of.

If someone were to use a certain word that started with an A that means donkey. I in order to avoid the word would use donkey.

Beef11":6n0amlse said:
DONKEY CHEWER. I guess my homemade term hasn't made it to your neck of the woods.

Most of my life it has been referred to as a donkey bar-b-que.

Almost got shot years ago by an antelope hunter. He was above us on the hill and was shooting so close over our heads that we could hear the bullets whistle as they went over. We both hit the deck and I was jacking in a round to return the favor, when my Dad took my gun away.
Turned him into the landowner.
I know how mad you were.

I was with a couple of friends a few years ago hunting on opening day of pheasant season. We were walking a fence line going uphill when we heard shots in front of us. We were pelleted with BB's and we could hear them landing in the standing corn around us. Two of us shot back and ran to the top of the hill. Two guys were coming towards us asking what the deal was. Well the deal was they were trespassing and after we called the landowner they didn't have too much to say. Trespassers really irk me!

Latest posts