Alltel

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy":15mdlkho said:
Well We use Alltell and we have four phones and we use them a lot. I was glad to hear that Alltel is not closing areas down since they have been merged with Verizon. I am not sure if the consolidation of the cellphone industry is good or not but it sure is a sign of the times as well as with other industries.
I hear you there! I don't have a land line and I use an Alltel data card for my internet. Switched from Nextell about a year and a half ago. Nextell only worked half the time and at my place had to be at the south end of the driveway by the pine tree facing east with one leg up... Have been really pleased with Alltel until the last 45 to 60 days... have had some periods of no service and some dropped calls, sure hope it isn't a sign of what is to come with Verizon... :???:

Its AirTEL not ALLTEL- and apparently they're broke...

AirTEL shutdown leaves Montana customers hanging

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 03:00 PM MST

Updated: Feb 23, 2009 03:49 PM MST

AirTEL Montana ceased operations over the weekend, leaving Great Falls and area customers without phone service.

Many are angry: some had pre-paid for service just one day earlier and were then left with no service at all; others are upset that they had no warning that AirTEL would cease operations in Great Falls and Montana.

The Montana Attorney General's office is now involved in the sudden shut down of AirTEL in Montana; staff members say their office has been busy all day fielding calls.

According to a representative for the MT Attorney General, AirTEL hasn't filed for bankruptcy but its assets are frozen; that could make it difficult for customers to receive refunds.

The AG office asks that AirTEL customers complete a consumer complaint form (click here for consumer complaint form)

On Monday, customers were still coming to the Great Falls store today looking for answers.

One customer, Eric Erving, just bought two phones on Thursday and is now out more than $100. Ervin said, "If you knew you were shutting down why couldn't you get it out to the people saying you were doing so? And that way I wouldn't have purchased the phone from this company and (would have) gone somewhere else and gotten it."

Calls to AirTEL by KRTV have not been returned.

Other wireless companies are benefiting, however, as evidenced by a person who works for Verizon Wireless who posted the following message on her Twitter account on Saturday: Insane day at work today, a cell company here shut their doors without telling their customers. She followed that up with this message on Monday afternoon: Another insane day at vzw, getting the business customers from the airtel issue.

The main page of the AirTEL Montana website now features only this message:

AirTEL Wireless has ceased operations due to a lack of financial resources. If you need to contact us, please call (800) 234-8999 and leave a message. Please keep in mind that without employees, it will take us a while to sort through the messages and get back to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yeah- and from what it looks like to me they are an Indian (New Delhi type) corporation- with the parent company being Bharti Airtel that is tied in with IBM and several other major US corporates- and were tied up in the insurance/financial business ...

More GREEDY Bankers!!!!

Telecom giant Bharti Airtel is the flagship company of Bharti Enterprises. The Bharti Group, has a diverse business portfolio and has created global brands in the telecommunication sector. Bharti has recently forayed into retail business as Bharti Retail Pvt. Ltd. under a MoU with Wal-Mart for the cash & carry business. It has successfully launched an international venture with EL Rothschild Group to export fresh agri products exclusively to markets in Europe and USA and has launched Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Ltd under a joint venture with AXA, world leader in financial protection and wealth management.

Airtel comes to you from Bharti Airtel Limited, India's largest integrated and the first private telecom services provider with a footprint in all the 23 telecom circles. Bharti Airtel since its inception has been at the forefront of technology and has steered the course of the telecom sector in the country with its world class products and services. The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured into three individual strategic business units (SBU's) - Mobile Services, Airtel Telemedia Services & Enterprise Services. The mobile business provides mobile & fixed wireless services using GSM technology across 23 telecom circles while the Airtel Telemedia Services business offers broadband & telephone services in 95 cities. The Enterprise services provide end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national & international long distance services to carriers. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand.

Oldtimer":3uegxegj said:

AirTEL Wireless has ceased operations due to a lack of financial resources. If you need to contact us, please call (800) 234-8999 and leave a message. Please keep in mind that without employees, it will take us a while to sort through the messages and get back to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
:lol2: Sure, just borrow somebody's phone and call the AirTEL answering machine.

cowman30":va77bm0c said:
I luv herfrds":va77bm0c said:
Has stopped all cell service and closed all stores in Montana.
A big surprise for all customers. All cell service stopped at 1:30pm yesterday afternoon with no notice. The store employees were fired on Friday night at closing time. No notice.

For those who have this service, beware. Some customers had pre-paid for service and will very likely not get a refund. Alot of mad people up here.

I have a Tracfone.

Tracfone? Someone must have bad credit if they have prepaid cell phone.[/quote]

No, you idiot. Lots of people have tracfones because they are convenient, economic, and they are a darn good buy. You don't get caught in a contract. I wish I had gone that route now, looking at the stupid charges on my cell bill every month.

I haven't had Alltel in several years, but when I had them last, the service was terrible. Calls routed to the wrong numbers, and days to get voice mails. Never again....

I think those prepaid phones are great. It seems like almost everybody has a prepaid program these days.

Get your glasses back on and you don't have to keep it in cap lock we all can read. If you bothered to fully read it you would have read the pm I posted to CKC, where I did state I was wrong.
At least I'm big enough to admit unlike some people who need to look in the mirror.

what?":2xboippv said:
I luv herfrds":2xboippv said:
Get your glasses back on and you don't have to keep it in cap lock we all can read. If you bothered to fully read it you would have read the pm I posted to CKC, where I did state I was wrong.
At least I'm big enough to admit unlike some people who need to look in the mirror.
MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THE CORRECTION AS A POST FOR ALL TO SEE INSTEAD OF A PM TO ONE CERTAIN PERSON.

12th post by CKC1586.

Cal

Okay, back up, hold on, and lighten up!!
ILH reported on a news piece seen on a local TV station.... The TV station GOT IT WRONG, was Airtell not Alltel. TV station corrected, ILH reported the correction...the correction got posted on this tread. Everyone okay now? Jeesh.
Everyone have a nice Friday. :tiphat:

12th post by CKC1586.

Cal[/quote]CAL THAT LOOKS LIKE THE AUTHOR OF THAT POST IS CKC1586 NOT I LUV HERFRDS. I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT ACTUALLY GETS POSTED BY EACH AUTHOR EVERYTHING ELSE IS HEAR SAY.[/quote]

Now that I see you are just posting for an argument I will say no more.

Cal

Oldtimer":14vmm1d9 said:

AirTEL shutdown leaves Montana customers hanging

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 03:00 PM MST

Updated: Feb 23, 2009 03:49 PM MST

AirTEL Montana ceased operations over the weekend, leaving Great Falls and area customers without phone service.

Many are angry: some had pre-paid for service just one day earlier and were then left with no service at all; others are upset that they had no warning that AirTEL would cease operations in Great Falls and Montana.

The Montana Attorney General's office is now involved in the sudden shut down of AirTEL in Montana; staff members say their office has been busy all day fielding calls.

According to a representative for the MT Attorney General, AirTEL hasn't filed for bankruptcy but its assets are frozen; that could make it difficult for customers to receive refunds.

The AG office asks that AirTEL customers complete a consumer complaint form (click here for consumer complaint form)

On Monday, customers were still coming to the Great Falls store today looking for answers.

One customer, Eric Erving, just bought two phones on Thursday and is now out more than $100. Ervin said, "If you knew you were shutting down why couldn't you get it out to the people saying you were doing so? And that way I wouldn't have purchased the phone from this company and (would have) gone somewhere else and gotten it."

Calls to AirTEL by KRTV have not been returned.

Other wireless companies are benefiting, however, as evidenced by a person who works for Verizon Wireless who posted the following message on her Twitter account on Saturday: Insane day at work today, a cell company here shut their doors without telling their customers. She followed that up with this message on Monday afternoon: Another insane day at vzw, getting the business customers from the airtel issue.

The main page of the AirTEL Montana website now features only this message:

Yeah- and from what it looks like to me they are an Indian (New Delhi type) corporation- with the parent company being Bharti Airtel that is tied in with IBM and several other major US corporates- and were tied up in the insurance/financial business ...

More GREEDY Bankers!!!!

Telecom giant Bharti Airtel is the flagship company of Bharti Enterprises. The Bharti Group, has a diverse business portfolio and has created global brands in the telecommunication sector. Bharti has recently forayed into retail business as Bharti Retail Pvt. Ltd. under a MoU with Wal-Mart for the cash & carry business. It has successfully launched an international venture with EL Rothschild Group to export fresh agri products exclusively to markets in Europe and USA and has launched Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Ltd under a joint venture with AXA, world leader in financial protection and wealth management.

Airtel comes to you from Bharti Airtel Limited, India's largest integrated and the first private telecom services provider with a footprint in all the 23 telecom circles. Bharti Airtel since its inception has been at the forefront of technology and has steered the course of the telecom sector in the country with its world class products and services. The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured into three individual strategic business units (SBU's) - Mobile Services, Airtel Telemedia Services & Enterprise Services. The mobile business provides mobile & fixed wireless services using GSM technology across 23 telecom circles while the Airtel Telemedia Services business offers broadband & telephone services in 95 cities. The Enterprise services provide end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national & international long distance services to carriers. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand.

Go look in the mirror what?, I have already admitted to being wrong. If you think I'm going to get on my knees and beg your forgiveness then you are wrong.
No sense in attacking my character when you only bring your own into question.
This is the last thing I have to say to you, your opinion does not interest me and all you ever do when you attack someone on this board is show what a truly nasty small minded person you really are.
Yes we all know who you are and all of your other user names.

what?":h2tjfhx5 said:
Calman":h2tjfhx5 said:
Now that I see you are just posting for an argument I will say no more.

Cal
NO ARGUMENT CAL I JUST BELIEVE A PERSON SHOULD ADMIT PUBLICLY WHEN THEY ARE WRONG PUBLICLY. IT HELPS DOWN THE ROAD WHEN THEIR CHARACTER COMES INTO QUESTION. ARE THEY AN HONEST PERSON DO THEY ADMIT MISTAKES AND MIS TRUTHS? THE ONLY WAY A PERSON CAN JUDGE CHARACTER ON THE INTERNET IS IN HOW THEY PRESENT THEMSELVES IN PRINT.

That was one of the funniest sentences I've read in two and a half years on Cattle Today. :clap: :lol2:

Not sure if keyboards in Southern Minnesota is the same as in the rest of the world? But if it is try hitting the third button from the bottom on the far left of the keyboard once.

Latest posts