Alliance Football

Help Support CattleToday:

Scouting for O-Linemen... Commanders Center Brian Folkerts caught my eye... 6-3 303
if he were in draft I'd grade him 6-7th rd developmental pick, but looking closer... too old
age 29 undrafted fa couple of years in NFL on practice squads 2 games on Carolina Roster...
sorry but I'd pass on bringing him back.

I'm not good at grading DBs maybe some of them will make it to NFL.
Otherwise overall quality was slim pickings.
AAF is maybe best as a showcase for Field Goal Kickers trying to make it to the NFL
and it wouldn't surprise me if a couple do.

bird dog said:
ez14. said:
bird dog said:
At least it moves along at a good pace. I'm all for getting rid of kickoffs.

Why?

To much time wasted on commercials before and after when they just boot it into the end zone most of the time.
Could definitely do away with the commercials! :nod: but not the kickoffs all together. Maybe do away with the kneeing in the end zone

The league has some good ideas IMO. Trying to get the game time to 2 1/2 hrs is one. I like they are open to try different things but don't seem committed if they don't work out. Not much else sports wise to watch at this time of year so it should draw some interest.
The NBA seems to be going in the direction where the players are in control and get to pick where to play and whom is on their team. Baseball needs a salary cap to even things out. The small market teams in both of those sports don't have much a chance.

bird dog said:
Baseball needs a salary cap to even things out.
The small market teams in both of those sports don't have much a chance.
There is now talk of who will be the first to soon get a 300 million (all guaranteed) contract.
I was blown away back when it was 100 million guaranteed.
$5 and heading to $6 for a bottle of water at MLB games is not fitting for America's pastime.

"The NBA seems to be going in the direction where the players are in control and get to pick where to play and whom is on their team."

Ain't that the truth!....and, When they play.

I saw that on the tube last night and just passed it by figuring it was arena football. Maybe I should have watched to figure it out.

Yeah Butch, I'm with ya. I remember the stink that was raised when Nolan Ryan signed the first one million dollar a year contract. I guess that gives my age away.
Look on this to where the contracts stayed flat in the 50's and 60's. then exploded in the 70's and are still rising way beyond what the average working man salary does percentage wise. Americas's pastime is being priced out of america's fans pocket book.

https://sabr.org/research/mlbs-annual-salary-leaders-1874-2012

Maybe the NFL will take a cue from the AAF and when a play is under review the microphone is left open and you can listen as the judge in the sky box tells the field judge the ruling. Speed things up and is interesting to hear what they have to say.

bird dog said:
Yeah Butch, I'm with ya. I remember the stink that was raised when Nolan Ryan signed the first one million dollar a year contract. I guess that gives my age away.
Look on this to where the contracts stayed flat in the 50's and 60's. then exploded in the 70's and are still rising way beyond what the average working man salary does percentage wise. Americas's pastime is being priced out of america's fans pocket book.

https://sabr.org/research/mlbs-annual-salary-leaders-1874-2012

As long as there are funds available on the credit cards they will go. Price don't mean anything.

Latest posts