All I got was a frozen turkey and a cheap bottle of booze

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/253884

Hilcorp Energy, a privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, just bestowed all 1,381 of its employees with a bonafide Christmas miracle.

Twenty-six-year-old Hilcorp, which has appeared on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work list for three years running, has handed out $100,000 bonuses to each of its staffers, which amounts to a company-wide payout of more than $138 million.

Good gig if you can get it--wonder how much Uncle Sam will take?

I have never received a Christmas bonus. It never occurred to me that other people did.

lavacarancher":1xjhm48s said:
The major service company my wife works for didn't give ANY bonuses (turkeys or otherwise) this year so consider yourself lucky.
Especially coming from an oil and gas exploration company. Most are laying folks off.

With the gas prices so cheap how can a oil company afford that kind of bonus? All I hear and read is that the oil and gas companies can't make money when oil is this cheap. Their just a bunch of crooks and liars trying to manipulate the market.

Bigfoot":9kffxv0n said:
I have never received a Christmas bonus. It never occurred to me that other people did.
Bigfoot, ya never watched Christmas Vacation with Clark Griswald waiting for his Christmas bonus check?

Eddie: "Clark, you know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time the wife fired up the microwave I'd p-ss in my pants and forget who I was for half an hour."

Son of Butch":28z8nrc8 said:
Bigfoot":28z8nrc8 said:
Bigfoot, ya never watched Christmas Vacation with Clark Griswald waiting for his Christmas bonus check?

Eddie: "Clark, you know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time the wife fired up the microwave I'd p-ss in my pants and forget who I was for half an hour."

Possibly, one of the finest films ever made.

Happy for the employees who genuinely appreciate as it was a gift the employer was not obligated to provide. However, reality is, there were some who still complained. Bet my cow herd on it. And as for the oil and gas industry, don't kid yourself for one second, they are lining their pockets, but if I were them, I would be too!

Oil is 35, and some change a barrel. If they are making money now, they musta been makin it hand over fist before the crash.

JMJ Farms":f5deetkz said:
Happy for the employees who genuinely appreciate as it was a gift the employer was not obligated to provide. However, reality is, there were some who still complained. Bet my cow herd on it. And as for the oil and gas industry, don't kid yourself for one second, they are lining their pockets, but if I were them, I would be too!
You really think $36 a barrel oil will line anybody's pockets?? My income is pretty closely tied to the business and I'm taking a beating and have been for quite some time now. They're sure covering up what's happening because half the rigs in Texas are sitting still and many companies and supporting companies have gone belly up or layed off 90% of their employees. The only bytching you'll see from this bunch will be if they don't get the hundred grand next year and every year.

Bigfoot":2xaakzcl said:
Oil is 35, and some change a barrel. If they are making money now, they musta been makin it hand over fist before the crash.
Live cattle sales this last week ran $115-$119 cwt. If they are making money now, they musta been makin it hand over fist before the crash.

TexasBred":3jljy1ds said:
JMJ Farms":3jljy1ds said:
You really think $36 a barrel oil will line anybody's pockets?? My income is pretty closely tied to the business and I'm taking a beating and have been for quite some time now. They're sure covering up what's happening because half the rigs in Texas are sitting still and many companies and supporting companies have gone belly up or layed off 90% of their employees. The only bytching you'll see from this bunch will be if they don't get the hundred grand next year and every year.

I know from an employee that they were promised this bonus at the beginning of the year if they hit a certain percentage increase in there production. They must have hit that percent notwithstanding the drop in oil prices. I can only guess that the owner is a man of his word.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/12/hilcorp-energy-gives-100000-bonus-to-all-1381-employees/

bbirder":31zz3wi0 said:
TexasBred":31zz3wi0 said:
JMJ Farms":31zz3wi0 said:

Hey there TB, forgive me for not being clear. I should have said most companies in the industry. Not all. But a company that can award 138 million in bonuses, my answer is yes. They are lining their pockets. Is that wrong? Not that I'm aware of. I'm jealous. Lol.

greybeard":2hlcxzg7 said:
Bigfoot":2hlcxzg7 said:
Live cattle sales this last week ran $115-$119 cwt. If they are making money now, they musta been makin it hand over fist before the crash.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts