Alexa Toolbar

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
I need your help. :help:

Please install the Alexa Search Toolbar by clicking the link below. The more Members that install it, the better idea Alexa gets as to our site traffic. I've used it for several months and really like the popup blocker and additional site info it gives you. You can read about it's Features when you click the link and decide if you want to give it a try. It's free and it's easy to get a clean uninstall if you don't use it.

If you use Internet Explorer click:
http://download.alexa.com/index.cgi

If you use Firefox click:
http://toolbar.a9.com/
be sure to follow the instructions since Firefox won't let sites install programs without your permission, unlike some browsers. ;-)

dun":28fp5sr1 said:
Do I need to use it or just have it installed?
And, is it better than Yahoo toolbar. Now I have both & things are getting crowded up top.
Also, do I need to install - "A free version of Anonymizer's Spyware Killer application"
And is it any good?
It took my snail hardline 8 minutes to install the Alexa toolbar.

dun":ctqm5dar said:
just installing will give them a footprint, using it will give them more.

dun":3f9owhmz said:

Just have it installed. No registration required and it doesn't keep track of individual statistics, just the total of times all users visit a site.

And, is it better than Yahoo toolbar. Now I have both & things are getting crowded up top.

Personal choice. Try 'em both and uninstall the one you use the least.

Also, do I need to install - "A free version of Anonymizer's Spyware Killer application" And is it any good?

I prefer Microsoft's free AntiSpyware software or Spybot Search & Destroy. You need somebody's anti-spyware.

I would recomend Ad-Aware also as a spyware cleaner/blocker.

There is both free and paid versions of it (i use the free version) with regular updates to help with newer spyware programs.

Can find Ad-Aware at http://www.lavasoft.com

I've been using the free Yahoo Anti-spy software and Adaware only occasioanlly catches something that slipped by it. Spybot hasn;t caught anything at all that was missed by yahoo. And it runs a whole lot faster then the others

dun

Saltydawg":ikolkh1y said:
I would recomend Ad-Aware also as a spyware cleaner/blocker.

There is both free and paid versions of it (i use the free version) with regular updates to help with newer spyware programs.

Can find Ad-Aware at http://www.lavasoft.com

I would also recommend it. I use all three. Use Microsoft as my real time blocker and scan with the other two every couple of weeks. Paranoid I guess! :shock:

TurnThatCowLooseMaw :roll:
Do you think Microsoft is really just wanting to sell operating systems? ;-) And your worried about a marketing research
tool. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: catch my breath :lol: :lol: :lol:

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3jq5zsfi said:
dang right. Im not messing my computer up
please :stop: u r killin me :lol2: :lol2:

I've had Alexa toolbar (and Google toolbar) for the last year or so (against advice of many "techies"). My computer got so slow, I almost threw it out and bought a new one. Instead, I uninstalled both toolbars and have had no troubles since. I have to agree with TurnThatCowLooseMaw on this one. I won't use it again.

i tend to be of the "more is less" mentality when it comes to having stuff on computers. afterall, i just got it cleaned up! i think all the constant upgrading can do more harm than good a lot of the time.

You guys (and gals :p ) can do what you want, but Alexa™ is
nothing more than bundled spyware.

If you eat too many "cookies", it can be FATtening.

Just my 2 copper

Comment: Used to transmit a indentifiying ID but no longer does this. Has a very clear EULA but user's should understand that their surfing habits will be anonymously aggregated.

I didn't mean to get anyone stirred up. Alexa's site traffic ranking is used by major advertisers to decide where to advertise. It's like all the toolbars (Yahoo, Google, etc.) that anonymously report on what sites you visit. It's like one of those rubber hoses they put across the road to get traffic counts. They can tell how many cars went by but not who they were.

It's simple. If you don't want to install it, dont. No big deal.

Latest posts