Albrecht-BCSR practice

Help Support CattleToday:

talltimber

Reaction score
I have a neighbor that calls me the other day, and says stop in soon I think I may have some information of interest to you. He had been to a soils meeting, he runs several cows and a few hundred acres of row crop. He had found out that several of the bigger farmers in the area was using a sampling outfit that runs their samples through an independent lab that is aligned with the Albrecht system. Basically, it's a soil health=plant health=animal health theory of eliminating some health issues in animals (humans, cows, etc) by supplying what the soil needs to be balanced. The lab performs tests, and returns results, in a different manner than the local coops. For example, I think he received phosphate level results, and recommended values/remedies, vs. phosphorus levels. Most all of this is over my head. I've researched a little bit, but was curious if any of you are familiar, and have any experiences to share if you have went down this road.

Dr William Albrecht. I read some of his literature several years ago. Neal Kinsey is one of his proteges'.
It sounds good and the more balanced the soil minerals are would have to be better. But there are many factors that influence plant growth, like compaction, organic matter and soil life/biological activity.

Latest posts