Akaushi bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We are hoping this is going to be our winning lottery ticket !!
His uncle sold in February 22 for $250,000 and another $250,000 for half of his semen rights.
Fingers crossed.
He's 526 lb at 6 months and I am weening him today. I'll put a nose flap in him for 4 days and then fence line wean him.

IMG_20230714_081207383_HDR.jpg

His uncle sold in February 22 for $250,000 and another $250,000 for half of his semen rights.
Fingers crossed.
He's 526 lb at 6 months and I am weening him today. I'll put a nose flap in him for 4 days and then fence line wean him.

View attachment 32711
Looks fantastic. Much more meat than I expected! I see why you love him so much.

Yes we bred him. He was AI. The Dam is an excellent cow with great pedigree.
His DNA is good so now we are waiting for his BSE and then he is going to my buddies big ranch down in Box Springs Ga to get some practice in on his girls.
That way I get to see a lot of results quickly without using up my small herd.
After we see results then we will decide what to do.

Fingers crossed.

View attachment 32711
Gotta say, I'm impressed. Not a big fan of Wagyu so I have no idea what criteria there are conformation-wise but he looks good from my ancient judging criteria perspective. Might be a little leggy for today's tastes but who wants every breed to look the same...

Best of luck.

He is 6 months old now? When will you do the BSE and put him with cows?
Yeah he's just over 6 months and I'll probably wait until at least 14 months to test him.
Testing him any earlier might result in lower scores so I don't mind waiting. As soon as we get the results he'll be turned in with the girls.

Arrowquip 87.
Excellent but pricey.
I just called last week for a price on another one for our north pastures..up to $11,500 now.

Gotta be more than a headgate for that price. For those kind of dollars it better weigh, vaccinate, and castrate them too.

For that kind of money I can build my own.

Latest posts