Ain't I the lucky one

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Got a phone call from Jamaica today telling me I had won a new car and $1.5 million and all of this would be here today. The caller told me this was legit. Said he was a 63 year old Baptist minister and his word was his bond. He asked me how I felt about winning all this and I told him I was speechless. He went on for several more minutes and asked me how I wanted to receive it.

I asked him if I had to accept it. Told him taxation offended me and paying them made me feel uncomfortable. Told him if they made me take all this money I'd have to give the gov't at least half of the money and they would squander it on wasteful things and I didn't want to be party to that.

He hung up. 15 minutes wasted and I still don't know if I have to take the money or not. What's wrong with these Baptist ministers these days?

Jo, you should have been generous and just told him to give all the winnings to his church. If you never touched the money you wouldn't be liable for the taxes. Just think how much good that pastor could do with all that money.

Jogeephus":246dsg1l said:
Got a phone call from Jamaica today telling me I had won a new car and $1.5 million and all of this would be here today. The caller told me this was legit. Said he was a 63 year old Baptist minister and his word was his bond. He asked me how I felt about winning all this and I told him I was speechless. He went on for several more minutes and asked me how I wanted to receive it.

I asked him if I had to accept it. Told him taxation offended me and paying them made me feel uncomfortable. Told him if they made me take all this money I'd have to give the gov't at least half of the money and they would squander it on wasteful things and I didn't want to be party to that.

He hung up. 15 minutes wasted and I still don't know if I have to take the money or not. What's wrong with these Baptist ministers these days?

Scam. I'm sure everyone knows.

Three personalities you should never trust: a minister, car salesman and a cattleman.

As pfangus revealed: Watch your wives fellows if they are spending too much time at Church.

City Guy":anvevj2y said:
As soon as someone says "you can trust me", I don't!

Exactly.

For what we are about to receive!

Watch Robert Mitchum's Night of the Hunter.

Dave":3f7cc3ha said:
Jo, you should have been generous and just told him to give all the winnings to his church. If you never touched the money you wouldn't be liable for the taxes. Just think how much good that pastor could do with all that money.

Good one! I wish I'd thought of that.

Margonme":3f7cc3ha said:
Three personalities you should never trust: a minister, car salesman and a cattleman.

But he said he was a Baptist minister and if you can't trust a Baptist minister who can you trust?

Jogeephus":3rq5ngqt said:
Dave":3rq5ngqt said:

Good one! I wish I'd thought of that.

Margonme":3rq5ngqt said:

But he said he was a Baptist minister and if you can't trust a Baptist minister who can you trust?

The only person you can trust is your dear old mommy! They got too much pain invested in you to let you down.

The ones I get are for easy repayment of my student loans or using my GI bill

Same guy called me again today only this time I'd won $850,000!!!! I was in the pasture when he called and asked him to hold on for a moment that someone was trying to break in my home. After shooting the pistol three times you should have heard this Baptist minister cuss me out. He told me I should be killed. That i was crazy and a few other things laced with curse words. What is it with Baptist ministers that they get so offended. Was it the proximity of my phone to the muzzle or the fact that I shot three times?

He ended up hanging up the phone on me so I don't know when or where I get my money.

Jogeephus":2786hjqe said:
Same guy called me again today only this time I'd won $850,000!!!! I was in the pasture when he called and asked him to hold on for a moment that someone was trying to break in my home. After shooting the pistol three times you should have heard this Baptist minister cuss me out. He told me I should be killed. That i was crazy and a few other things laced with curse words. What is it with Baptist ministers that they get so offended. Was it the proximity of my phone to the muzzle or the fact that I shot three times?

He ended up hanging up the phone on me so I don't know when or where I get my money.

The funniest thing I have read!!!

Years ago (when we still had a home phone), I'd get frequent calls from people wanting to sell me vinyl siding for my house. If I wasn't busy I'd let them run all the way through their spiel until they'd wind down, just taking up as much of their time as I could, and when they finally asked if I was interested I'd either tell them I already had it, or was a renter and my landlord wouldn't want any.

...and by the way, I got an e-mail a few days ago. The Subject line is "Sweepstakes National Lottery Award 2016", and the message said:

" Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that your email/company address has been selected Please see attached file for details.

Award Committee

This has to be legitimate, right? What could go wrong if I clicked on the link?

(I read somewhere that purple text denotes sarcasm, since it's sometimes hard to tell.)

Rafter S":35h7gouu said:
Years ago (when we still had a home phone), I'd get frequent calls from people wanting to sell me vinyl siding for my house. If I wasn't busy I'd let them run all the way through their spiel until they'd wind down, just taking up as much of their time as I could, and when they finally asked if I was interested I'd either tell them I already had it, or was a renter and my landlord wouldn't want any.

When I have time I play with them as long as possible. I consider this as a community service to others since as long as I keep him on the phone he won't be calling you.

I just checked my numbers on the no call list and apparently they expired or something. I re-upped so hopefully these calls will dwindle next month.

Jogeephus":16b7mhbg said:
Rafter S":16b7mhbg said:

When I have time I play with them as long as possible. I consider this as a community service to others since as long as I keep him on the phone he won't be calling you.

I just checked my numbers on the no call list and apparently they expired or something. I re-upped so hopefully these calls will dwindle next month.

Thank you for your public service. :banana:

Latest posts